Topic: input tax for each invoice and item manually..

hi ..
is it possible to input tax rate for an invoice manually and not by tax rates we configured ...

just like discount in direct invoice but it is tax ..
i know this is very odd , but my business profit is in tax we get from customers and each customer has diferent tax for each invoice and each items ..

item 1 in inventory has tax rate of 3% and item 2 has tax rate of 5 %

so this should be possible for use to insert tax rate manually and not by changing customer branch and item tax type and etc ..

and do not worry my tax gl account is under profit section ..

please help me on this matter ..
thanks

Re: input tax for each invoice and item manually..

No, this is not possible. You will have to use the current combinations of tax type, tax groups and item tax types.

Joe

thanks dear joe
but the reason i wanted this was because my company is a shipping company and TAX for every country is different and even for items it's different ...
but thanks i managed to set the TAX as an ITEM in INVOICE ...
smile

Hi,

Similar to QuickBooks, can anyone indicate if it might be possible to create 'Tax' as an actual 'Item Code' on the invoice? If so, what might the underlying configurations look like with respect GL accounts? With US-based tax collection practices changing so rapidly, being able to apply a separate rate by ship-to state is becoming a necessity.

Thanks.

No, it is not possible,  in FA model taxes are calculated on net line amount base.  In FA you can just configure as many taxes as you wish for every ship to state. Right taxes will be selected using your customer tax group.

Janusz