hidden('_tabs_sel', get_post('_tabs_sel'));
    hidden('popup', @$_GET['popup']);
}

This should do it.

HG repository updated.

/Joe

Re: How to make a link popup a window?

joe wrote:

I guess you should revert it again. Later when I get the resources, I will look at you minor item above.

/Joe

I put everything back the way it was.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

28 (edited by chrison 01/29/2013 06:02:59 pm)

joe wrote:

Well, it seems that I got the resources just now smile

Thanks, Joe, for taking the time to look into that other problem.  I'm sure you have plenty of other things to keep you busy, so I really appreciate you spending time on my issues.

I made the changes as you stated but, unfortunately, there's no change on my system.  The item description field on the Purchasing Direct Invoice screen still does not change from a drop down list to a text-entry field if the selected item has "editable description" checked and you tab over to the "Qty" field.  I tried logging out and back in, and clearing my browser cache, but still no change.  Btw, the item description field for the same item does change in the Sales Direct Invoice screen, so there's some sort of inconsistency going on here between how the two screens are coded.

As you said, this is a minor issue so if you're busy with other things just put it on the "To Do" list for when you have some free time (yeah, right!).  wink  I can live  with the annoyance of having to save an item, go back and edit it, and then save it again as I'm a small, one-man operation and I don't enter a huge amount of direct invoices.

One side comment, though, and this isn't meant as a criticism but, rather, it's just me pointing out how things work in the world...  What may seem like a "minor" issue can be a major issue to someone who has to deal with the "minor" issue over and over, day in and day out.  At first, a data entry clerk who spends all day repeatedly entering direct purchasing invoices into FA might not mind the one or two extra steps of having to save a line, edit it, and then save it again,  but after having to do that the 10,000th time (and the 100th time today!) it can become downright infuriating!  So, sometimes, it's all those "little things" that determine whether an application is "really nice" or "just plain junk."

Anyway, thanks again very much for your help!  Put this one on the "To Do" list if your busy with other things.  Heck, now that I'm a "Master PHP Programmer" (ahem! wink ) I might even go figure it out myself!  LOL!

Regards,

Chris

chris wrote:

I made the changes as you stated but, unfortunately, there's no change on my system.  The item description field on the Purchasing Direct Invoice screen still does not change from a drop down list to a text-entry field if the selected item has "editable description" checked and you tab over to the "Qty" field.  I tried logging out and back in, and clearing my browser cache, but still no change.  Btw, the item description field for the same item does change in the Sales Direct Invoice screen, so there's some sort of inconsistency going on here between how the two screens are coded.

You should not get an editfield here. Just press the F4 key and you should get the items popup form.
After you have edited the sales price in the items tab and go back to the general info, you should now have a Select box. This was the subject that was fixed.

I guess we got a little offside on the subject. Maybe my fault sad

The other thing you mentioned will still be under consideration.

Joe

30 (edited by chrison 01/29/2013 07:05:06 pm)

joe wrote:

You should not get an editfield here. Just press the F4 key and you should get the items popup form.
After you have edited the sales price in the items tab and go back to the general info, you should now have a Select box. This was the subject that was fixed.

I guess we got a little offside on the subject. Maybe my fault sad

Mea culpa!  I probably should have created another thread for the editable-items-description-field issue, instead of mixing it in with this issue.  Anyway, I'm sorry for misunderstanding which "other thing" you were referring to!  (BLUSH!)  I just checked and, yes, the "Select" button does appear when you switch to another tab and then go back to the General Information tab.

Thanks for that!

joe wrote:

The other thing you mentioned will still be under consideration.

Sounds good!  Like I said, it's a "minor" annoyance but it would be great if it could be fixed, even if only for the sake of UI consistency between screens.  Whenever someone has time/energy/interest in looking at it will be fine by me!

Thanks, again, for all the help!

Regards,

Chris

Hi

This is great. Each item is easily manageable and easy to create new item.

Thanks to developers.

Yes, I'm loving it too....  VERY handy!

Chris

Just to get confirmation. Was this feature build into the 2.3.16 or should I still do this manually. Would love it if the features was build in as is Customers and branches.

Wynand