Topic: Sales Order Inquiry show invoice#

how can i show the invoice# (if invoice exist for this order) in the Sales Order Inquiry page. This way, if the customer call and have questions about the order you can access all his info from one page, instead of going back and forth...( if he call/email and refer to the invoice# with questions)
This "view" is also helpfully to know what Orders are already invoiced and what's not.
Same idea can apply for delivery notes so you have a better control/info from one page. Time it's money, let's make it easy and FAST...

also link Customer name to: sales/manage/customers.php - this way, you have direct link to more detail info about the customer and his transaction FAST

Re: Sales Order Inquiry show invoice#

Press the sales order link, and you will see all delivered and invoices.with numbers.

Joe

3 (edited by cristiart 04/06/2013 04:24:25 am)

I know Joe, but assume you customer call you with a question about invoice#123 that was processed a few weeks ago, how do you access that info the fastest way. Reference# = my invoice#

The view pages can have hyperlinks to the detail pages requested.
Very nice feature that FA can benefit from.

5 (edited by cristiart 04/06/2013 09:55:47 pm)

yes, hyperlinks it's all it need. link info together for a better flow... (the more the better)
in my current invoice system that I use, i have 10 links in invoices view page (similar page with sales order inquiry)
The links are:
- email invoice to customer (one click and you'll email or re-email the invoice to your customer, also once you send the email the database will be stamped with date and time so later you know when the email was send, in case customer will say "I did not receive your bill"
- user manager (customer can login and view invoices online, front page of the site only)
- order shipping status - yellow and green light ( this will show if the order is shipped or not)
- view order
- edit order
- download/print as PDF file
- packing list
- print
- pay order
- delete order
- sales man info for this order (pop up view page with commission calculation and the option to email sale man this order - sales people love to know they have commission check coming soon )

i added all this futures because it save me a lot of time when i need to look for it + when i have a customer on the phone waiting for me to answer questions about order/delivery/invoices he will not have to wait for me 5 min to find the answer to his question

To save us the trouble, please list a set of URLs that you would use to achieve all of this along with the original source URL for the invoice. That way we can build the URL with the variables needed and put it in the invoice page.

Looks like the FA team has not yet returned from the Easter holidays as a few of the bugfixes (2172, 2183) in the Bugtracker have yet to find their way into the code base.

Here’s how my current invoice system work now; view the screen picture here: http://oi38.tinypic.com/25svj0k.jpg

I numbered each box and the explanation for it is bellow

1.    Invoice number. The format it’s YY-MM-DD- XXXX (this will help you identify the invoice faster when the customer call with questions. Customer reference or sidemark
2.    Company name with direct link to customer edit page (similar to sales/manage/customers.php? in FA)
3.    Contact person with direct link to branch edit page
4.    Invoice date
5.    Invoice amount
Status box I forgot to number, but that will tell you if the invoice its: open, paid, deposit, refund, late
6.    Email invoice to customer, or re-email invoice to customer. If the invoice it’s late the template text of the email change automatically to reflect that the invoice it’s late and we require payment asap (or other instructions) . Also every time you send an email, a time stamp will be entered in database so you’ll know when that email was sent. 
7.    User assignment for invoice. This allow customer to login in to the front end of the website and view there invoices. The pop up box will allow you to create new user account for login or assign the existing user I have on the website to login.
8.    Shipping info. If the invoice has been shipped, you’ll see the green box, otherwise just a black bar will show
9.    View invoice in a pop up window
10.    Edit invoice
11.    Save/download PDF invoice
12.    Save/download PDF packing list
13.    Print
14.    Mark invoice as paid. (this will not apply to FA since the workflow it’s different)
15.    Delete
16.    Sales man info. Pop up info related to sale man, commission info , email sales man the invoice

Almost all activities in this page happen in an ajax pop up page, so you’ll never live the main page (no back and forth on your browser)

8 (edited by apmuthu 04/20/2013 07:43:31 am)

Attached your screenshot herein.

Since the Invoice Date is part of the Invoice No., either the Invoice Date field can be dropped or the date prefix in the Invoice No. be removed.

The Status field is to be numbered 6 in your list above.
Nos. 6 to 16 in your list above are to be Nos. 7 to 17.

The View Icon (No. 10) can be removed and the link provided in the Invoice No. Field itself.

You can generate the said page using the one page script from Adminer, or use the commercial HKVStore / XLineSoft products. The final product can be made into an extension for use in FA.

What application did you use to obtain the screenshot's underlying data layout?

Alternatively, all the icons can be replaced with a single drop down box and the checkboxes at the left of the records can become radio buttons to feed the parameters to the URL generated by selecting the action.

Post's attachments

25svj0k.jpg 111.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

9 (edited by cristiart 04/20/2013 03:12:24 pm)

another reason the date is in the invoice it's also to give the illusion to your customer that you do more volume sales. most people don't realise that the front numbers are actually the date, and because it change a lot from there previous invoice, they can not figure out what your sell volume is.

yes, correct icon#10 can be remove since clicking on your invoice number dose the same thing

the problem with drop down box is about multi user platform, think iPad, mobile phone browsers etc. it become harder to navigate plus it will take a lot more TIME in the work flow.

the one thing that FA it's weak about, in my opinion it's the navigation workflow and menu. dashboard theme uses a better menu, but the drop down part it's just not efficient, specially using mobile and tablets devices.

it's all about TIME in your business

Actually, FA has been good with common base workflow for the PC. Now that other small screen and touch centric devices have become commonplace, the UI will evolve.

apmuthu wrote:

That way we can build the URL with the variables needed and put it in the invoice page.

Can you please help me with building the URL for the email function; basically I want to be able to email/re-email the invoice to the customer from the invoice query page, similar with the image in previous post...
thank you

Have a look at the non ajax links on some of the FA pages and see the html code and the original php code that built it and verify if the said variables are in scope in the place you want it (or global the variable or use a function instead) and create your links accordingly.

@Joe/Janusz: This might be a nice feature to include into FA - emailing and re-mailing invoice/quote, etc.