Topic: new company - cannot create invoice

Hi All,

This is my second company I've created in FA and it's not letting me create an invoice although it worked fine in the first company. I have followed the setup in the wiki (and followed my notes for my first company) as accurately as possible. I have exactly one customer, branch, item category, item, tax, tax type, tax group and even a fake supplier all defined.

When I select Sales -> Direct Invoice I first get a warning that customer and branch are not valid. The only customer is chosen by default but the default branch seems to be the branch name being the same as the customer which is not correct. I change the branch to be the only branch I have defined, the error goes away, but I never get the main body of the invoice to fill out. I only get the top fields (customer, branch, reference, current credit, customer discount, payment, price list, invoice date).

Is the weird warning about the branch relevant (and if so how do I select my only branch of my only customer to be my default), otherwise is it likely something else?

errors.log is empty.

Thanks,

David

Re: new company - cannot create invoice

Are you using the admin user for the second company or is it a less privileged user - if so - setup the roles and permissions for the said user.

Hi Apmuthu,

It is the admin user in all cases. I haven't even begun to sort out the issues with creating less-privileged users.

Any other ideas? Is there any way to see what is going wrong other than just seeing that a screen isn't there?

Thanks!

David

Well I couldn't wait to send out invoices so I just pounded on it until it worked. I created a second company and was able to use that one to send invoices.

What had happened I believe was that I didn't have something (perhaps the item or item category) defined before I tried to make my customer... so it created the customer with a phantom branch. That branch is not editable but it is the one that the system tries to use by default. Even with other branches it corrupted the whole customer. So I deleted the two branches I had made, and still cannot delete the customer (because of this orphan branch). I was able to mark it as disabled though and carry on.

I'd still like to delete that broken customer (and it's phantom branch that I cannot see) but if nobody knows how to do that the world will continue to turn I imagine.

Use phpmyadmin and check the tables manually. Alternatively, in FA, take a mysql dump (backup) and edit it and upload and restore.