1 (edited by apmuthu 03/25/2013 01:33:54 am)

Topic: FrontAccounting Source Mirrored on GitHub

A manual GitHub Mirror of the SourceForge Mercurial repo and the FA PKG Repo is now available at:

http://github.com/apmuthu/frontaccounting

All FA Releases from v2.2.1 till v2.3.15 (HG 3184) and the latest as on date HG 3212 are available in the core folder. The extensions are available is fully expanded form ready for manual install / development.

Re: FrontAccounting Source Mirrored on GitHub

I had the same idea, however, I think itronic, is creating an official one. Am I wrong ?

/Elax

3 (edited by apmuthu 03/25/2013 02:47:48 pm)

Yes, let us wait for the official one - it will have all the incremental changes as well. The unofficial one I have put up has only release-to-release changesets.

Placed a caveat there as no one should be mislead.

• This repo will be updated only when I have the time.

• It is meant to enable easy localised forking on GitHub from any release.

• It can be used to study differences for migration between versions where individual proficiency in using GIT is better than in using Mercurial

• Like any development code repo, code here should be used with care.

• Do not be fooled that any snapshot is well tested stable release, while in many times it is not.

• Using full random snapshots of FA repo is officially unwelcome

• FA Repo code is placed here for study, development and local deployment only especially where internet is not available

• FA versions are not released too often in order to provide a minimal acceptable level of stability, which is important especially in accounting software

• Very soon the FA project will establish an automatically updated GIT mirror repo that should have all the incremental HG changes

Yes, I plan to make public git repo available these days. When it is ready I will send announcement on the forum.
Janusz