Topic: Credit notes operation issue

We are trying to create a credit note for a supplier. The FA will list out all invoiced entries of the supplier from the beginning of the current fiscal year. The accumulated entries increases as time evolves.

As it is coming to the end of the fiscal year, we have more than 400 entries for a supplier. It takes almost 3 minutes for FA to respond after we press the Add button. Please help.

Baffin

Re: Credit notes operation issue

What is the actual name of the report you are running? And what is the name of the screen where you see the "Add" button?

This issue was solved after the topic was created. A button, Add All Items, were added, so all the items were added in one sweep.
This is inside Supplier Invoice.

/Joe

I think you guys misunderstood the issue. It is not the issue of adding all items. When we try to input a creidt note, the FA will list out all invoices for selection. Imagine when it comes to the fiscal year end, the FA will have to list out the all invoices in this year. This is where the problem arise. In our case, we have about 400 invoices in Year 2008, FA takes about 3 minutes to list all invoices before we can enter a credit note. Hope I explained the issue clearly.

I understand your problem. At present we have no solution to this. We will, however, have a look into this.

/Joe

Insteading of having FA to list all invoices, I would suggest to let the user to specify the invoice no/date for credit note entry. This should be the simpliest way to resolve this issue.

This issue has been solved in release 2.1 unstable (not ready for release yet). It has been solved in the same way that on the customer side.
In the customer transactions you have an option to 'Credit This' for all the invoices that are not fully allocated.
The same option has been implemented in supplier transactions.

/Joe
I will ask Janusz to update demo 2.1 with this, so you can see for yourself.

Thanks! Will give you feedback after testing the demo.
Baffin

Demo at http:/fa2/iron.from.pl has been updated already.
Janusz

The new version looks beautifully. Nice work!
My fault, I used a wrong terms to explain the issue which caused misunderstanding. Let me explain the issue all over again:-
When we try to create a credit note, we click on the "Supplier Credit Notes" button. The FA will go to a page where list out all delivery items under "Delivery Item Selected For Adding To A Supplier Credit Note". It is where the issue arise. At year end, we have 400+ delivery items which takes more than 3 minutes to list out for selection.
Suggest the FA not to list out all delivery items by default and let the user to specify the period of delivery items to be listed.
Baffin

Oh yes, I understand your issue.
In release 2.1 you will just have to credit the supplier invoices one by one in the supplier transactions. This is very fast and the allocations are done at once too. This is how we have solved this problem if you have too many invoice lines from a supplier when using the normal Supplier Credit Notes, you can just take them one by one in the supplier transactions.

/Joe

Hello again,
We have now decided to follow your advice, btsui, and have implemented a period search in release 2.1. Default is 30 days back, but you can extend/change the search period.
The CVS repository for unstable is updated, and Janusz will update the demo 2.1 ASAP so you can see this issue working.
You can still credit the supplier invoices one by one in the supplier transactions. If you know the invoice number this is still more safe to use and you get the allocation done at once.

/Joe

Hi Joe,
Thank you so much for your support on my idea and the prompt response on it. As we smooth out all these little wrinkles, FA will be even more user friendly.

Cheers,
baffin