Topic: Dimensions

I stimbled on this product as I have been searching for a simple, powerful accounting and inventory management package to complement sugarcrm .. this looks exactly what I want.
Simple question - can someone explain what the concept of a dimension is and how it is used???

Re: Dimensions

Hello,
Simply speaking it is just a way of keeping track of various departments, cost centres, projects inside the company.
You can have 2 levels, e.g. level 1, department, level-2, cost-centre.
When you create the dimension you decide if it should be of level 1 or level 2.
You can by this keep track of cost centres inside a department inside a company.

Default the system havs 1 level of dimensions. That is, you can keep a simple track of departments or cost centres or whatever, but just in one level. That is, you can keep track of departments only or cost centres only inside a company.

If you don't need dimensions you can set it to 0 in the company setup.
Here you can choose between level 0, 1 or 2.

I hope this gives meaning to you.

Admin

Excellent - thanks for your quick reply. I want to congratulate you and others who have worked on this. It has the right mix of sophistication and simplicity - really elegant. I want to integrate it with sugarcrm so will have a look at this shortly.

Can I use the Dimension as Branches and i would like to know if there is a possibility to add more than 2 in the Dimension?

You can have as many dimensions as you like, but you can only have a maximum of 2 on the same transaction line. See above for how to use them.

/Joe