Topic: INVOICE to TAX INVOICE

I installed frontaccounting 2.3.15 for my new business and it really looks and works good, just one problem that I have in South Africa I need to change the header on the invoices from INVOICE to TAX INVOICE, can someone please help me to find this in the php pages.

I really hope I am posting this in the right forum please help me if this is in-correct.

Re: INVOICE to TAX INVOICE

Looking in the translation file for the word INVOICE returns it it used twice in the reporting/rep107.php file (line 67 & 84). You can change the word INVOICE into TAX INVOICE in this file.

Or you can choose the less hard coded way to change is, in the translation file using poedit. Search for INVOICE and change it into TAX INVOICE.

You can also create a special language file like en_US and en_AU.
In this file you can translate only those words that are different from the original English one.

Joe

pierre@fibco.co.za wrote:

I installed frontaccounting 2.3.15 for my new business and it really looks and works good, just one problem that I have in South Africa I need to change the header on the invoices from INVOICE to TAX INVOICE, can someone please help me to find this in the php pages.

I really hope I am posting this in the right forum please help me if this is in-correct.

Thank you to erwindebruin & joe for the quick response the changes in reporting/rep107.php did not make a deferens but I edit \frontaccounting\reporting\includes\doctext.inc (line 105) and that did it for me. Thank you all for showing me in the right direction. Thank you again.

@pierre whilst your change works, it is the non standard way and will get overwritten on updates. The preferred way is to make a copy of the lang/new_language_template/LC_MESSAGES/empty.po file and edit lines 10438-10439 to be:

msgid "INVOICE"
msgstr "TAX INVOICE"

and compile it with gettext as lang/en_SA/LC_MESSAGES/en_SA.mo and make an entry in the list of available languages and see that the locale is properly implemented. Refer Wiki.