Topic: very basic query - help needed

hello there - I am considering using FrontAccounting as the software package for a new social enterprise - a charity shop selling secondhand baby goods.  I have found software for the till from www.easify.co.uk, and want to know if the sales data from the till could be imported into FrontAccounting.  I believe the data from the till can be saved in csv form.  I'm not very technical at all, I  just want to know if the two pieces of software can talk to each other!  cheers, katy

Re: very basic query - help needed

That should be no problem. There is a module called "Import of CSV formatted Items" under "Items and Inventory". So if you could export the items from the till into csv format (using a spreadsheet program f.e.) then FrontAccounting should be able to import them easily.

great, thanks for that!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that module imports items, not sales transactions.  Can someone confirm whether this is correct?  However, if that's the case, that module could be used as the basis for developing a new module that would import sales transactions.  Not sure how much time/effort that would take, though.

Hope that's helpful...

Regards,

Chris