Topic: Bank Accounts - Account Type

Hi,

When adding new Bank Accounts there is an Account Type Drop Down list that contains four items: Savings Account, Chequing Account, Credit Account and Cash Account. I need to add some more items to this list eg EFTPOS. Where and how do I do this?

Regards, John

Re: Bank Accounts - Account Type

The types are defined in includes/sysnames.inc, but those are system types, so adding new account types without respective changes  across application code does not make big sense.

Janusz

I've just set mine to a cash account and consider an EFT a "transfer" between bank accounts.

(as an aside, I have to say that a CAPTCHA that results in a recursive decimal number is not a good CAPTCHA.)

Heh, epic fail smile. Unfortunately we have poor choice regarding anitspam solutions for punbb.
Janusz

Hello John,

I am new to this community and have/had the same issues as you in your post "When adding new Bank Accounts there is an Account Type Drop Down list that contains four items: Savings Account, Chequing Account, Credit Account and Cash Account. I need to add some more items to this list eg EFTPOS. Where and how do I do this?"

I searched for the system listings for these accounts so that I can change them, but to no avail. I just listed them in the GL account, for example, when adding banking accounts I would list the EFTPOS as 1061, so on and such forth.

thanks

Wasolu