Topic: Bank Account Name

Hi

At present in supplier payment entry & Bank Account Payment Entry, field "From Bank Account" shows bank account name (which is usually the company name). This is very confusing. I think we should have bank name showing in both places rather then bank account name.

Re: Bank Account Name

I'm not sure if I understand your issue, but the bank account name can be changed to anything in "Setup -> Bank Accounts" so if it's confusing to you just change it to something that isn't confusing, right?  For instance, I have 3 bank accounts:

• Cash on Hand

• Checking Account

• PayPal Account

If I'm missing something, let me know and I'll try again.

Regards,

Chris

I have created a bank account. Bank account name is my company's name & bank name is HSBC. Now in supplier payment entry & Bank Account Payment Entry, field "From Bank Account" & field "From" resp., I see my company name which is bank account name. I think this is wrong as you want to see bank name in the list and not your bank account name.

You can put anything you want in the "Bank Account Name: field in "Banking and General Ledger -> Bank Accounts" so I'd suggest changing that field to "HSBC" or something other than your company's name.  You also put the bank's name in the "Bank Name" field.  Here's how my checking account is setup:

Bank Account Name:  Current Checking Account
Account Type:  Checking Account
Bank Currency:  CA Dollars (I'm i Canada)
Default Currency:  No
Bank Name:  Bank of XXXXXX
Account Number XXXX XXXX XXX
Address:  The bank's mailing address

When I'm in a payment screen I see "Current Checking Account in the bank account field.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris

Yes, Bank Account Name is just identifier used in account selectors. This is obvious, that all accounts in the selector are your company accounts, so using account function here seems to be much more handy.
Janusz