Topic: Convert Sales Order to Purchase Order

Is it possible to convert a sales order to a purchase order?

Our business is mostly sales oriented and we work by having the manufacturers and distributors of products drop ship our orders.  When we get an order we enter it into the Sales Order and then have to re-type the whole order for the purchase order.  I would like to have it setup so that we don't have to redundantly enter information across the different screens.

Re: Convert Sales Order to Purchase Order

That will be something very interesting.

Anyone has any help for this one?

We are evaluating Front Accounting (congratulations for a vibrant forum and an elegant forum) and this ability is very important for our daily operations as often times the sales orders contain a lot of items and having to retype them gives a lot of room for the human error factor, not to mention the time it takes.

Is this something currently available on the new verions or being considered for a future version?
I have extensive accounting background but not a lot of PHP knowledge...so I have to ask: If not available, is this something relatively simple to be programmed so we could hire it done?

We would also really like the ability to add one more field to the inventory items, is this possible?

Appreciate the help.
Regards,
Guil Vaz

No, as for now it is not considered in near future, but both tasks  (make sales order on base of PO and adding additional informative  field in  items table)  is rather simple task. Anyway unless you are somewhat comfortable with php syntax you probably will need  somebody hired to make it for you.

Janusz

If you manage to install and use  the textcart module, you can do that easily. You can basically copy paste any order-like (sales order, purchase order, stock transfers etc ...) into another one , or to excel , modify and reimport it.

/Elax