Topic: How to process small purchases eg. office supplies

HI Guys
How would people recommend that small purchases eg. office supplies be managed? It seems a bit excessive to create inventory items for them, then raise purchase orders, process an invoice, then a payment the apply the payment.

One  way I was considering was just doing an ordinary journal entry, DR Office supplies, CR bank.

What are others doing?

Cheers
Pete

Re: How to process small purchases eg. office supplies

Use the Bank Payment in Banking and General Ledger tab. Select Miscellaneous and then you just select the cash/bank account and enter the amount in a selected office equipment account.

/Joe

Thanks Joe for the response.
The quick-purchases also of course need their tax entries made. I'm trying to write a custom screen to handle these using the API calls. I've seen quite a few tax functions in there, but am wondering whether I am looking in the right places - under the tax directory, and under purchases/includes. What I want to do is calculate tax for an item based on the supplier's tax group and a price given (there's no item) and also  make the GL entry for the tax. Are there places/functions I should be looking to do this with existing API code?
Thanks
Pete

Hello again,
Before you start rewrite things, please try to learn the program. It is capable of doing almost everything. And also read the news about the coming release 2.1.

/Joe

Sorry, I was under the impression that FrontAccounting had an active development community, although it appears this is not the case. I'll put any technical postings in the modifications section from now on.

I am still unable to get tax on purchases done through the method you suggested (bank payments) - is there a way to do this (without changing the code?)

You can entry as many lines as you wish in Bank Payment: one for purchase net value and one (or more if you need) for tax. Currently under development 2.1 release have already implemented quick entries which helps in this process. Check unstable CVS branch or test the feature on http://fa2.iron.from.pl demo page.

Regarding development process this is done entirely by our development team, but we are always open on suggestions and every valuable code contributions from users are included into FA source. The only requirement is that the proposed extension is usable for wider community and does not break overall FA consistency.

Janusz