Topic: How to delete outstanding order

Hi

How to delete the outstanding bits of an order ?
I mean, I've partially dispatched an order and want to "clear it", ie cancel everything which has been dispatched.
FA don't let me delete the order and I don't want to manually delete every single line left on the order.

Any idea ?

/Elax

Re: How to delete outstanding order

You can void the Delivery Note that has been done in Setup tab, Void Transaction.

/Joe

Sorry, I meant that I want to clear everything which has NOT been dispatched. (I want to keep the delivery note as it is) just remove the outstanding items from an order.

/Elax

Ok, in that case the only way is to adjust the lines to be the same as the delivered items and update the sales order.

/Joe

When there are 50 lines in a order, that's a bit tedious. Is there any chance that you add a way to do it ?
I guess I can dispatch everything left and do a credit note, but that's not ideal.

/Elax

I found a another way which should work (with an extra help) which is :
I can do an empty delivery not and set the balance to "cancel". However this doesn't work because I'm not allowed to do an empty delivery. Is there a way to either allow empty delivery or use the same code to create a "reset order" action or something ?

/Elax

I have a problem voiding an order also.  I entered a sales order, entered delivery of that order and then invoiced it.  At that point, I realized that it was incorrect.  I voided the invoice and delivery, and it appeared back as a sales order.  I am not able to void a sales order.  How can I remove this from the outstanding sales order list?

If you can edit the sales order in the inquiries, you should be able to Cancel the order.

Joe

9 (edited by apmuthu 01/08/2013 02:38:45 pm)

Cancel Sales Invoice.
Edit Sales Order to match Delivery Order.
Make new Invoice.

Actually an option to make sales order from delivery order would be nice!

I guess there are so many algorithms interacting between the 3 stages, sales order, deliveries ans invoices, that trying to make further features is a candidate for more bugs.

So in my opinion we should stay where we are.

Joe

What would be nice, is just something which clear the pending quantities (set to 0 or the delivered quantity) and (eventually save) the order. Yes it can be done manually but what you seem to not realize (do you ever use FA or just develop it) is some order can be really really big (in my case ...

SELECT count( * ) AS num
FROM 0_sales_order_details
GROUP BY order_no
ORDER BY num DESC
LIMIT 0 , 30

returns

num Ascending

Cancelling a partially deliver order of 200 items , meaning for each one, editing the line, setting the quantity to the delivered quantity, validating, waiting for the AJAX call to be finished etc ... is nearly 2s.
times 200 = 400 s, that's nearly 7 minutes of faffing around with the GUI just to cancel and order.

FA is great (and I'm really happy with it) but it's not really made manage big order (which is a shame because a part from little problems like that everything works perfectly).

(200 items in a order is only for sales order, if I look at my biggest purchases order I got:  495, 437 etc ... (and only because I split them, I'll get 2000 otherwise).

12 (edited by apmuthu 01/09/2013 07:49:47 pm)

Alternatively split the sales order into two parts - one for the delivered quantity and another for the undelivered part - cancelling the original sales order. Can have another wasted sales orders type of voucher collecting the undelivered parts. Take care to prevent splitting sales orders that have entries inadvertently omitted in the delivery order.....

I have added possibility to close sales order even if it is partialy delivered. You can now use 'Cancel Order'  button in sales order edition form to remove undelivered quantities from sales order. Will be available in next minor FA release.
Janusz

Thanks

HG Changeset 3161 does the job. Thanks Janusz.