Topic: tr_TR Translation

Hi There,

I am quite new with FA & try to translate it into Turkish for users in Turkey.

I have created my own tr_TR.po & tr_TR.mo files using poedit program. In poedit catalog settings I have used

Charset: UTF-8
Source code charset: iso-8859-1

Then in FA menu, I goto

Setup > Install/Update Languages and fill

Language Code: tr_TR
Language Name: Turkish
Encoding: UTF-8
Right To Left: No   
Default Language: No
Language File (PO): tr_TR.po
Language File (MO): tr_TR.po

And, press Save. Then I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. 1) You are not connected to the Internet. 2) The website is encountering problems. 3) There might be a typing error in the address." message in explorer window.

I tried to upload .mo file via ftp program under lang folder but couldnt see it in languages screen.

Can you please advise?

Regards, Ata

MySQL: 5.1.30
PHP: 5.3.1
Http server type: Apache
Server System: Linux
Current database version: 2.2
Language configuration consistency: en_GB

Re: tr_TR Translation

Strange, but maybe your shared server was temporary overloaded. Try again.

If you want to install the language files manually you have to update also lang/installed_languages.inc  file.

Janusz

ata wrote:

Language Code: tr_TR
Language Name: Turkish
Encoding: UTF-8
Right To Left: No   
Default Language: No

Likely unrelated, or a typo, but a potential error is:

should be:

Language File (MO): tr_TR.mo

no?

Yes, ata, this seems to be the problem pointed out by rthor. Delete the Language Installation and do a Language Install with the correct files. .po and .mo files. Hopefully it will work then.
Sometime it helps logging out and in again after the language install.
If you still have problems, then run a Systems Diagnostics, found on the Setup tab on FrontAccounting. Paste it here so we can see if there are other problems.

/Joe

5 (edited by ata 05/20/2010 06:29:06 pm)

Hi,

Sorry, it was my mistake to write .po files for both lines. I was selecting the correct files for the correct selections. Again, it was not uploading.

Language File (MO): tr_TR.mo

*-

I tried updating language using installed_languages.inc file. I have made the following change in the file and copied under "/lang";

<?php

$installed_languages = array (
0 =>
array ('code' => 'en_GB', 'name' => 'English', 'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1'),
array ('code' => 'tr_TR', 'name' => 'Turkish', 'encoding' => 'iso-8859-9'),
);

$dflt_lang = 'tr_TR';

?>

Then, copied my tr_TR.mo file under "/lang/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES".

But this time system is using English & Turkish together. For example in the main screen, everything is in English, but in details screen, there are some Turkish & English together. I believe I am doing something wrong.

Attached below you can find screenshots. For some quick Turkish Evet = Yes and Hayir = No.

http://goo.gl/zxGD

Thanks for your quick replies! smile

Regards, Ata

same problem here with urdu translation . if any one have idea thyen plz guid us .
Regards : Riyaz Ahmed
Pakistan

You may have to put in another parameter for RTL (right to left) rendering of text in the said languages. Please refer the comments in the lang/installed_languages.inc file.