Topic: Sales Invoicing and Inventory

Hi Joe,

Could you kindly assist me address a few concerns.

1. I have been trying to invoice a few customers that I've created but any time I click on direct sales invoice this error msg reads 'the selected customer has no branch' or something like that.
Now I managed to get the invoice box appearing alright but it always comes with an already filled out page of a customer and item and so on. When I change it to my desired info and click 'process invoice' the error msg says 'You must enter at least one non empty item line'. When I click ''add item'' to enter another line and click, then it works but I don't need the additional item line any way.
So what does the system mean by non empty item line?

2. Why doesn't the general ledger journal entry process when you enter a figure of 0.00?

3. How do I enter new stock arrivals into inventory for it to reflect on the stock level.

4. Upon successful invoicing of a customer does the system debit the customers account accordingly?

Thanks.

Re: Sales Invoicing and Inventory

Hi Greenawise
I'm new to FrontAccounting, but I'll try to help.

1) Customer's need branches that contain their address details etc. After adding a customer, Click on Customer Branches and add a branch. Don't forget to select the tax applicable to the customer's branch.
1a) When you first go into Invoice etc. you can see a line with your first product - but it's not actually a line on your sale/invoice yet until you click 'Add Item'. It's just there as a display first. It won't be there when you finish the transaction.
2) Not sure what you've done here. I don't think Sale Orders create GL entries though - they are just orders (Am I right here guys?).
3) In the "Items and Inventory" tab, just click Inventory Adjustmetns and accept your stock.
4) Yes - it should do. When they pay, you make a payment, and then next allocated this to their open orders.

Hope this helps.

Re: Sales Invoicing and Inventory

p2409 is mostly right.
2. Journal entry is for posting changes in your GL accounts, therefore zero value cannot be posted simply because it reflects no change in your assets.
3. New grn's should be entered against previous purchase order selected via Outstanding Purchase Order Maintenance menu option. The adjustments should be used only for entering initial inventory.

Janusz