Topic: how to install arabic lang

i download both .po and .mo file for arabic but i no effect it still work with english
please what is the step to install it
i add it in setup section then i pass both file to it
at Preferences  section i select arabic i don't know what wrong

Re: how to install arabic lang

If you have gettext installed you also need to have respective locales installed on server site. Without it you have messages not translated.

Janusz

in .po file
is this path refer to my web file path
c:/Apache2/htdocs/account/frontaccounting.php:38

should i replace it by my path like this
c:/xampp/htdocs/FA2/frontaccounting.php:38

please what you mean by
If you have gettext installed you also need to have respective locales installed on server site. Without it you have messages not translated.

No, the comments in .po file are informational only. The transaltion is made automatically if you have properly configured web server and related software.
The exact solution depends on your system. I guess you have some www server installed locally on some sort of Windows. Sorry, my hardware entirely work under Linux so I cannot help you in your case. Please read forum threads related to FA installation under Win, maybe you will find them usefull.

Janusz

I think you can find more about how to resolve your problem here:
http://infotechaccountants.com/forums/
and here you can prove that it really work:
http://www.infotechaccountants.com/accountingb/
(login demouser, password:password)

Janusz)

this function in lang/gettext.php

function _load_domain($domain, $path = "./locale")
    {
        $src_domain = $path . "/$this->_lang_code/LC_MESSAGES/$domain.po";

$php_domain = $path . "/$this->_lang_code/LC_MESSAGES/$domain.php";
------
-----
-----
}

i work on win O.S
when i setup a new lang it dosn't create folder local
so what is this local folder ,
also it dosn't generate any php file in LC_MESSAGES folder so what is
"/$this->_lang_code/LC_MESSAGES/$domain.php";

Hello,
If PHP GetText is not installed on your OS, then a PHP file is created the first time the language is run. This PHP file maps the language PO file.
The gettext.php file is from an outside developer that has left the license GNU Lesser GPL, which is nearly unrestricted, however function _load_domain (private function) is called from the function add_domain. This function is always called with the correct language path parameter, which should be like this: /lang/xx_YY/LC_MESSAGES where xx is the language and YY is the country.
If the GETTEXT is not installed, there should be a file inside this path called xx_YY.php where the xx_YY.po file is mapped to readable php strings.

/Joe

thanks Joe,

the translation now work when i adjust it on Linux O.S but i still have a problem when i try to generate a report i get the follwing error

TCPDF error: Could not include font definition file

thanks joe,
every thing is oak now thanks for your cooperation

Good, I guess you figured out how to solve the TCPDF error. Inside /reporting/includes/class.pdf.inc, about line 90, there are some fonts to use. Please find the ar_EG language and check that you have the files installed in the /reporting/fonts folder. If you need a font it can be downloaded from the download fonts section on the website.

/Joe