Topic: Invoicing with Cash Basis accounting

I am using Cash Basis accounting, so cannot have accounts receivable, but want to utilize the sales/invoicing feature to track customer sales and payments due. I will be sending customer invoices manually, not through FA (primarily due the the lack of customizing options).

I discovered that I can enter a Delivery Note for a customer, which I'd do when I send the manual invoice. When their payment is received, "issue" the invoice in FA then immediately make the customer payment. This more or less keeps the AR account with a zero balance.

What I can't figure out is how to get a report of just Delivery Notes that haven't been invoiced, for all customer accounts. Since no journal entries are made until the invoice is issued, none of the GL reports tell me anything. I have not found any of the Customer reports that show this information, either.

How can I track orders/deliveries that have not yet been invoiced? And is there an easier way to manage Cash Basis accounting?

One last question: how do I get rid of the VAT text on reports? I only have what's named "en_US" in the lang folder, but it's obviously not really US English. wink

thanks

Re: Invoicing with Cash Basis accounting

Update the en_US .mo / .po files and submit to the the project what you consider to be real en_US.

apmuthu wrote:

Update the en_US .mo / .po files and submit to the the project what you consider to be real en_US.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound snarky about the VAT verbiage. I didn't realize that en_US wasn't actually the default language, even though the en_US file was the only one in the lang folder. Installing it cleared up most of it.

I don't suppose anyone can help on the question about reporting deliveries not invoiced? I tried to make my own extension, using other reporting extensions as a guide. It shows up in the Install Extensions list but it isn't recognized anywhere else.

The default language is "C" listed to include the "untranslated strings" as is  from the code culled into the empty.po file. en_US is an example file to override entries in the empty.po.