Topic: Missing Account Group and Accounts

I have an Account Group numbered 33000 and called Income Tax Expense / (Refund) . Under this group I have 2 accounts numbered 33010 (called Income Tax Expense) and 33015 (called Income Tax Refund).

I used the extension Import Multiple Journal Entries to import approximately 6000 transactions, one year at a time.

Everything seemed to go fine until I checked the Profit and Loss Statement which is off by the amounts of the accounts in the Income Tax Expense/ Refund group.

The group shows up in the Account Group drop down for the add GL Account screen but the individual posting accounts and the account group do not show up in the drop down for accounts. However if I try to add the account again with the same number it will not let me.

My imported journal entries show the correct amounts posted to account 33010 (Income Tax Expense), but the posted amounts and the accounts under the missing group do not show up in any Trial Balance,  Profit and Loss Reports or Chart of Accounts reports. Neither does the account group show up in any of these reports.

I have enabled show Inactive accounts but this did not help.

I would very much like to use Front Accounting but I need to find these missing accounts.

I am a chartered accountant and currently use LedgerSMB.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bdika

Re: Missing Account Group and Accounts

1. Make the old fiscal year as active year
2. Import the Journal Entries
3. Make a fresh Journal Entry for transferring all P&L Balances to the Profit and Loss Account so that the Balance Sheet will truly reflect the closing balances.
4. Close the Old Fiscal Year.
5. Do the same in order for all previous fiscal years and then the opening balance in the current fiscal year will be correct.

I am not a chartered accountant.

Thank you for the reply apmuthu but I figured out the problem by going into phpmysqladmin.

It turns out that my account group was numbered 3300 and not 33000 and so was not showing up in my reports becauser the number was too low.

Thanks again.

bdika

You can use the 5 digit COAs.
Or start from scratch.