Topic: Error in Sales Summary Report

I have installed the Sales Summary Report in the Items & Inventory Module and have found an error in the reported data.

When an item has more than one sale against it the report only shows the first sale unless there is a change in price. This means it doesn't reconcile against the actual sales or the Inventory History Report. All of my items are setup as Service Items.

Is it possible to have the report do a summation of all sales for the item and also have it show where there are different sale prices for the same item?

Re: Error in Sales Summary Report

Let us hopa that the author of this custom report sees this. If not, maybe your can fix the report?

/Joe

I'm a novice with php code so I'm hoping someone else can correct it.

@flort
Yes, you are right, there was a bug in sales report, just fixed in repo. Please install new package from repo.
Keep in mind the summary is made over sales invoicec, not sales deliveries, which maybe not exactly what you want.
@apmuthu
I have deleted your last post with attachment, as it does not solve the problem discussed here.
Janusz

5 (edited by apmuthu 12/19/2012 02:56:19 pm)

@Janusz
Thanks for the error correction. I'll post the actual changes in another extension in another post. The attachment was a jumble up of an extension that was in the process of testing the parameters.

@flort
The effective correction is to the sql in the rep_sales_summary.php at line 41:

".TB_PREF."debtor_trans_details.quantity

equivalently changed to

SUM(".TB_PREF."debtor_trans_details.quantity) AS quantity

and with aliases in actual code now being

SUM(line.quantity) as quantity

Since there is already a standard report by the same name under Customer Reports, it may have been better to name this report as Item Sales Summary Report.

Wikied the screenshots of both reports:

Customer Sales Summary Report
Item Sales Summary Report

Thank you for finding the correction in the report. I have updated rep_sales_summary.php with the change and the result is exactly what I am after.
Trevor

@joe: This extension naming change is not yet done and the Item Sales Summary report name too needs to be labelled in correctly.