Topic: Setting Up Front Accounting

Would love to see an artical on how to setup intital balances in Front Accounting so a business can take there existing information and move to Front Accounting.

This would ba a simple guide that includes items such as:

1. Initial Bank Balance
2. Outstanding payments
3. Outstanding receipts
4. Stock levels
etc.

Regards
Jeff

Re: Setting Up Front Accounting

Hello Jeff,
The easiest way of doing this is to create a fiscal year that is one year back and enter a complete Voucher (Journal Entry) with all the open balances. You should use the last day of this fiscal year as the entry date.
You must be able to enter Bank Transactions in the Journal Entry form, and to do that you must be logged in as an Administrator. Bank transactions are normally done in the Bank Deposits/Bank Payment forms.

Finally you can enter the stock item levels in the Inventory module. If you are doing this before you enter item prices, the entries will not create any GL transactions. The GL open balance must include the Inventory balance.

After you are done, you create the correct new fiscal year, change to this year in the Setup, and continue from here.

We will later create a more detailed article on this item.

Best regards
admin

need help, the gui cudnt install on the server, so had to do the manual import of the SQL, but now i am getting following errors, i am using a shared server on windows

Warning: main(themes/default/renderer.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\frontaccounting.php on line 19

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'themes/default/renderer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\frontaccounting.php on line 19

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\frontaccounting.php:19) in D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\includes\lang\language.php on line 73

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\frontaccounting.php:19) in D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\includes\lang\language.php on line 73

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\frontaccounting.php:19) in D:\hshome\qusil\etbs.qusil.com\frontaccount\includes\lang\language.php on line 75
DATABASE ERROR : could not get validate user login for admin
error code : 1046
error message : No Database Selected
sql that failed was : SELECT * FROM 5_users WHERE user_id = 'admin' AND password='5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99'

If you are setting up FrontAccounting on a Windows Server there might be a problem with session_save_path().
Please remove the comment lines 12 and 16 in config.php. Make sure there is a map called /tmp in your install map. Otherwise create one that is writable.
Comment lines 17 - 19 instead. I've heard that this should work. It is important to comment the lines, when you uncomment lines 12 and 16.
Put /* in front of line 17 and */ after line 19.

Hopefully you are up and running after that. Otherwise come back for further research.

Admin

thanks for the quick reply,
i did what you had asked for in the config.php, but still same errors

now the file is as below
    // Make sure this directory exists and is writable!
    $session_save_path = dirname(__FILE__).'/tmp/';

/*    $session_save_path = session_save_path();
    if (strpos($session_save_path, ";") !== false)
          $session_save_path = substr($session_save_path, strpos($session_save_path, ";") + 1); */

what do you mean by INSTALL MAP???

Hello again,
In your case the install folder is /frontaccounting and your tmp folder should be /frontaccounting/tmp and it should be writable.

Hope this works for you.

Admin

i made it

$session_save_path = dirname(__FILE__).'/frontaccounting/tmp/';

but still same errors, hv u tested this on windows server. Please advise whats wrong.

hi it worked, just had the path to be as below

$session_save_path = dirname(__FILE__).'\tmp';

thanks for pointing that out!

Admin

Dear admin.

I'm about to start a small business and i want to use your software as our accounting software. I want to ask about setup the initial / opening balance before starting any transaction. I didn't  have any earlier transaction. What i have in mind is i supposed to set amount of balance before i begin to do any purchasing process. I've been trying to follow the instruction as described on other thread about setup opening balance wich is suggest to modify fiscal year. But as i said that i didn't have any earlier transaction.

(forgive me for my bad english smile )

Thank you in advance

You will find information about this here
Janusz

Thank you for your quick reply. I've succeed to set the initial balance now. smile

Hi,

This setup doesnt work for me. Though I select "Journal entries to Bank related accounts ", they do not show up when I do payments or deposits.

Please help.

-Mahesh

You should use Bank Deposits/Payments instead. However you can use the Gl Entries, but you need admin privileges.

Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm logged in as administrator and I see that "Journal Entries to Bank related accounts" is checked. It doesnt work for some reason.

If it works, that solves my problem. Otherwise, I will have to use bank payments / deposits.

-Mahesh

Which version are you using?

Try the latest Mercurial v2.3.13 Build 3122 attached.

Post's attachments

FrontAc_default_Mer_3122_2012-12-03.tar.gz 1.2 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Joe,

The version we are using is 2.3.11. Let me try 2.3.13 and get back to you.

Thanks,
Mahesh