Topic: Launch email

Hi all,
I got the email function working, but it just sends the email in the background without allowing me to do any editing: add personal message, add other email etc
Is there a way to launch the email application (outlook/Thunderbird etc) with the attachment (invoice. PO etc) attached, so that user can add email from the address book and type the message before sending.

Thanks

Re: Launch email

No, I am afraid not. But you should be able to send the pdf-file by email from the pdf reader.

You can also use the memo field inside the invoice form for leaving personal messages.

Joe

ok.
In this case, where can i remove the "Email this XXX" link so that users won't send it accidentaly?

Thanks

You will find it in respective php file. Use grep to find 'Email This' phrase.

got it!

Thanks

This is a bit late, but could someone explain to me where one sets up the email module of FA? I have an email server that's configured to send emails and such but I don't see any options in FA to send emails to anyone.....

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated! smile

7 (edited by apmuthu 12/13/2012 05:17:24 am)

Only global values should be in the config.php file since each company would need it to be possibly different and therefore it should be in the sys_prefs table and hence settable through the Setup -> Company Setup page.

reporting/includes/class.mail.inc is used to send mail.

This may be a chunk late, but could an individual explain to myself just where one designs up the e-mail component of FA? I have some type of email webserver that's configured to send email messages as well as these however I don't see any options in FA to dispatch e-mail messages to anyone.....

FA uses the PHP mail() function to send mail.

There are other mature libraries like PHPMailer that have a host of options including SMTP relaying enabling you to use hotmail / gmail / yahoo mail to send out your emails but you need to patch them in or create a module for it.

Please read the PHP mail() function and the comments there in to configure your Windows box to relay mail.

When using the PHP mail() function with IIS 6 on Windows Server 2003, check your "Relay" settings on the SMTP Virtual Server in IIS.  If you grant access to 127.0.0.1 and set then set your php.ini SMTP to the same IP address (along with setting the same port 25), you should have success in sending mail.

Yes, that's it. The mail system on your box is outside of scope FA carry about. The only global parameter is email address set in company setup, and FA uses it when sending emails via your mail system.
Janusz

I am using centos. I have setup php.ini to use ssmtp as a relay , so that I can use smtp.gmail.com. php.ini has been changed to sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/ssmtp -t

I have confirmed that this is working by using the following code

<?php
$to = "recipient@example.com";
$subject = "Hi!";
$body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";
if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
   echo("<p>Email successfully sent!</p>");
  } else {
   echo("<p>Email delivery failed…</p>");
  }
?>

The email is sent to the correct recipient.

however. FrontAccounting is still not sending emails.  I get the following errer
SALES QUOTATION 2. Sending document by email failed. Email: recipient@example.com

NOTE:recipient@example.com is not the actual email address that I used.

Did you run your test from the browser? Or from the command line? I believe the two php's use different ini files.