Topic: Asset register problem

I see that there is no fix asset in default frontaccounting package.
I found it in extension module by Dennis Gichangi

Ive try it and found some problems. some I found the answers to solve here
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1925
but some I dont, and if I'm not wrong, it is abandoned ???

the problems that I'm not solved is about the sql.
1. Asset register module use TRIGGER that can only be done by super privilage user in phpmyadmin. the problem is I dont know how to make super privilage user, because I use shared host & I dont find the option in cpanel nor in phpmyadmin
it cause me cannot restore backup sql.

2. I found these warnings in mysql structure
The indexes PRIMARY and amortisation_id seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
The indexes PRIMARY and asset_id seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
The indexes PRIMARY and asset_type_id seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
The indexes PRIMARY and asset_valuation_id seem to be equal and one of them could possibly be removed.
what should I do with it ?

3. I try to backup & restore from frontaccounting administrator. I use .sql & .gz
there is a problem when backup in .sql, the users miss backuped. (I found user & dont know about the other data, because it cause all users cannot login when I restore from the backup file)
backup in .gz is better, users are backuped but I dont know are there any other data that miss backuped.
I hope frontaccounting team fix this.
So for safety I backup directly from phpmyadmin, but I have problem as no 1 above, I cannot restore.

Pls help

Re: Asset register problem

The fixed assets module requires TRIGGER priviledges, so you cannot use this if you have no way to leverege your db access right.
This is the only third party code which needs it, and the module was abandoned by original developer, sorry. I think you can safely ignore the index warning.
Regarding the backup/restore maybe there is some tight constraint in your php.ini which is source of problems. Nobody reported error here so far., so I guess the problem is rather in backup file transmition, then backup generation.

Janusz

I already done translating this module for Indonesian, so where i can submit my id_ID.po file?

You can send it to the official FA email id for contributions and please mark a copy to me..... so i can directly update my GitHub repo....