Topic: Loosing calculated return from Profit & Loss report after year closing

How do I get the Profit & Loss report to show calculated return once the year is closed?

Before closing shown calculated return was fine but once I close the fiscal year in question the Profit & Loss report shows calculated return equal to zero.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: Loosing calculated return from Profit & Loss report after year closing

After you close a year, the result is in the account, that is established as Profit and Loss Year account.

Joe

Yes I understand that but I need the ability to print the Profit & Loss report showing the resulting figure even after the year is closed.
Is there a way to do that or is this another item for the wish list?

It looks like I did not understand how to do this properly because now in the following year  Profit and Loss report previous year Profit and Loss Year account amount shows up in expenses and screws up the total of expenses and the calculated return.
Please help.

After you have closed the accounts for the fiscal year, you do not longer have access to the result. This is , as told before, balanced into account for year result.

This is normal procedure.

If you forgot to take all your 'normal' reports for the year, you should take them before closing the year.

This is normal procedure for accounting systems.

If you want to restore the fiscal year to be open again, go into the fiscal years and open the year again. And find the journal entry for closing the year. This voucher should be voided in Setup tab, void transaction.

After that, you can take all the reports needed. When  you are finished, you can close the year again.

And remember to take your final reports before closing the years in the future.

Joe

I understand that it may be normal practice but personally I am rather in favor of convenience than normality.
Do you mean it is of no use to add the following item to the wish list because you will always stick to normal practice?
I wish that coding be added to the Profit and Loss reports in order to reverse the effect of closing when applied to a closed period. It seems to me that the P&L report becomes unpractical in such instances anyway.

Thanks.

Take a backup before closing the year and temporarily restore it to do such dancing outside of standard code, or code in some custom stuff and present it to the code base.