Topic: Focus on making the best Accounting opensource software out there

We are a company that is providing Software as a service for our clients.
We are looking at using Front Accounting for our accounting service we offer.
However we are concerned about this new license you are going to.
Our clients have no interest in downloading the source code.
Software as a service is designed for those who have clients that don't want to mess with code.

So my question is, if you go to this new license, how does it affect what we have to offer our clients?

Do we just have to have a link to your website where they can download the code if they choose? or do we have to actually give them the code and have a lot of hassle and headache getting our clients a bunch of code that they don't want anyways.

I can appreciate your desire to keep the community alive and for us to contribute to your project, but that license you are thinking about going to does not make any sense to me, because the only people it hinders are those who have clients that don't want to do anything with the code anyways, so why even bother?

Anyways, I like what you guys are doing and I hope that you stay focused on producing an awesome ACCOUNTING software.  Don't get distracted with all the crm, project management, and erp junk that so many others are trying to do. It only will make your accounting portion weaker because you will use up valuable resources to do things that aren't your core focus.
Just focus on having the very best Accounting software and you will go far.

We will do what we can to contribute to your project, but if you start getting distracted in your roadmap or start requiring users to  have lots of hassle trying to figure out the licenses and how to offer software as a service, then I think you will be making a big mistake and lose a lot of momentum in your project.

Thanks for the great work so far.

Dave

Re: Focus on making the best Accounting opensource software out there

Ah, I answered a similar topic just before this. Look here please.

/Joe