Topic: Bank Payments & Deposits Journal

There is a bug in Bank Payments & Deposits Journal. When selecting Customer and Supplier in "Pay To", system correctly picks up default receivable and payable GL account resp. but the GL account drop down is enabled and allow you to select any GL account which is wrong. If we are making a payment/deposit journal to a supplier/customer then first two cells "account id" & "account description" should be greyed out (disabled) with default values.

Re: Bank Payments & Deposits Journal

Why is that the case? I can foresee cases where I would need to make payments from a different payables account, instead of the default.

I don't think you have understood my point.

No, I'm not.

Why is it that this journal entry screen should limit the GL accounts used?

When you select the bank account from which the payment is being made, the GL selection allows you to choose where the corresponding expense should be posted, correct? As in, the bank selection at the top selects the bank account to which the credit should be posted, and below you can select where the corresponding debit is posted.

If you are looking to pay a supplier invoice, you can use the Purchases tab, choose payments to suppliers, and then the customer. No GL selection there, which is what you're looking for?