Topic: Install/Activate Extension, Themes, Chart of Accounts no working

Hi,
I'm trying to create a new custom report. When i tried to access the Setup->Install/Activate Extensions, XAMPP crashed. I've tried the same for multiple times, every time i click on the Install/Activate Extension, Themes, Chart of Accounts menu, the apache server on XAMPP crashes and I've to restart it again. I'm using FA 2.3.9 on localhost, MySQL 5.5.8 and XAMPP Version 1.7.7 (portable). Is there any resolution available to this problem?

Regards
Arif

Re: Install/Activate Extension, Themes, Chart of Accounts no working

I am not aware of this problem.

/Joe

I'm not sure what you mean. If the problem is long delay on this page, probably you have no internet contact to our package repository, which is checked when you entry Install/Activate Extension menu option.
Janusz

4 (edited by KelileDemne 02/05/2012 11:06:27 am)

I have same problem. In setup menu, these four items:
  Install/Update Languages
  Install/Activate Extensions
  Install/Activate Themes
  Install/Activate Chart of Accounts
doesn't work.
I downloaded xampp-win32-1.7.7-VC9.7z and run it with default configuration except adding extension=php_openssl.dll in php.ini.
I am using FrontAccounting 2.3.10 - Theme: default  logged in as admin the only user and connected to the only company.
Every thing works fine except four above items. When I click on above items a I got "apache http server has encountered a problem and needs to close"
My PC runing windows XP SP3 with full internet access. Is there any specific configuration in apache to access internet?

Regards
Kelile

Let us see if we can trap some more details.
Please set the $go_debug flag in config.php to 1 . This should trap some more warnings/errors.

/Joe

6 (edited by KelileDemne 02/06/2012 07:35:02 am)

Thank you for fast reply.

It is something in XAMPP default configuration. I switched to "uniform server" and now every thing works fine. It seems uniform server is more compatible with windows.

Regards
Kelile

Hello,
I have same problem - Install/Activate Extension, Themes, Chart of Accounts no working
I had read this topic and already change Apache server XAMPP to "uniform server" but result is the same sad
Server 2003, "uniform server", SSL tested and working...
$go_debug changed to 1, but there is no error...

Please help me

Hi,

I have the same problem, I think this problem is only on windows machine

I've installed FA 2.3.11 on Windows 7 machine running Apache and MySql. Installation without any error, running perfectly fine, no problem at all. Only problem is none of the following options are working under Setup/Maintenance
  Create/Update Companies
  Install/Update Languages
  Install/Activate Extensions
  Install/Activate Themes
  Install/Activate Chart of Accounts

When I click any of the above option I get error:
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I don't know the reason as everything else is working perfectly fine, except for above.
I am able to access internet from the browser and I am logged in as admin.

Does this require any changes in Apache MOD etc...

I'm posting my same post from the other forum as i'm not sure if this is an error with FrontAccounting or apache settings. Please note i have recreated this problem numerous time and with different XAMP installs (XAMPP and UNIFORM SERVER). I have also had this problem occur in versions 2.3.13 and 2.3.12 of FrontAccounting.

I am getting the exact same error. OpenSSL is open and working. The Diagnostics page reports no errors. I started using a Windows 7 machine and just installed Xampp server and ran FrontAccounting through xampp's defaults. Everytime i clicked on any of the install links it would crash apache. Xampp would restart the service. I noticed other users stated they used a different computer so i formated the machine i was using and installed Windows 2003 server as another attempt. I setup xampp again and i still received the same problem and apache is crashed and restarted in the process. In fact the xampp install shows multiple ports (main 2 show as 80 and 443). When you click on the install links a bunch of 1000-1300 ports are accessed (i can only assume OpenSSL) while ports 80 and 443 are either dropped or not shown. I decided to see if xampp is the problem so i deleted the entire xampp and installed Uniform Server. Uniform server's default settings are set for openssl as on for the default. FrontAccounting install listed no problems. On this install Uniform Server does not show any errors, but it performs the same actions when clicking on any of the install links. I don't seem to lose apache server, but either way i cant use this software if I click a link and it thrashes my webserver. I understand that it could be settings, but this is the equivalent and a self destruct button because FA doesn't get what it's looking for or my webserver doesn't understand it.
The only errors appearing in the log file are listed below. I attempted to see if the PEAR directory was a problem and changed various links within the xampp settings, but in the end nothing worked. This is very frustrating as I was going to demo the software, but the errors make it unusable in any enviroment. I am at a point where i will dump FA if i cannot fix this issue. I really would like to give it a try and support the community, so if you have any ideas on where to start, please send them my way.
ERROR FILE LISTED BELOW:
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:04 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(./faillog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:04 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(): Failed opening './faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/UniServer/home/us_pear/PEAR')
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:04 Europe/London] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:12 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(./faillog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:12 Europe/London] 0::session.inc:369: include_once(): Failed opening './faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:/UniServer/home/us_pear/PEAR')
[19-Nov-2012 17:27:12 Europe/London] 4 Domain file "./lang/C/LC_MESSAGES/C.po" not found.

10 (edited by apmuthu 11/20/2012 11:51:48 am)

Copy over the empty.po as C.po.
Create a faillog.php file in the webroot.

It is most certainly a permissions issue on the folders.

Which versions of XAMPP / Uniform server are you using?

11 (edited by thespud 11/20/2012 04:00:41 pm)

Both installs are the newest versions from their respective websites.

I believe it is a permission issue as well, but it is one that can crash a web server. That, to me, elevates the issue to something we should note for future installs. In my case I have set up a demo server to show off the product to accounting. The first thing i did was to check the installs to see what check writing tools were available and this issues showed itself.

Also can you be more clear as to where this and that should be. You stated that i should copy over the empty.po to c.po. Do you mean rename it c.po? Where is this file located? I found empty.po in the FAroot/lang/new_language_template/LC_Messages - but the error log shows a ../lang/C/LC_messages directory that does not exist.

lang\new_language_template\LC_MESSAGES\empty.po
needs to be copied to
lang\C\LC_MESSAGES\C.po

Beware of case sensitivity and all paths are relative to the FA folder in the webroot.

This is probably specific to Win7 installs.

13 (edited by thespud 11/20/2012 04:23:56 pm)

I did as instructed and also placed the faillog.php file in the root. When attempting to click the "install/activate Extensions" link  the error does not write anything to the tmp/errors.log folder. All case sensitive words were written verbatim. It did create a C.php file within the directory.

The server this is installed on is a Window 2003 Server.

C.po

What happened on browser?

Unfortunatelly I cannot help you much, as I'm not using Win. Anyway, if you encountered web server crashes, maybe you should look into apache logs? The log file  tmp/errors.log stores only messages generated by php interpreter, so it will not show you the logs related to server crash.
Janusz

I scrapped all the other attempts and looked for a 3rd version of a MySQL, PHP and Apache install. I used Wamp Server 2 which only runs as a installed service. I believe the other 2 setups i used could alternate between service or runtime program. I installed FrontAccounting without any problems. Install/Activate Page now works with no problems. I believe there are some settings with the other two MySQL, PHP and Apache installers that are just not checking the correct boxes to allow FA to work.

Same problem on my FA 2.5.3 installation on Xampp 1.8.0, Windows Server 2003.
Internet Explorer gave some clue:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\akunting\includes\session.inc on line 28

Below are lines 27 and 28 of session.inc:

// Make sure the session hasn't expired, and destroy it if it has
if ($this->validateSession()) 

I have experimented changing the max_execution_time from 60 to 120 and even 600, but it didn't help. The error persists.

Problem here is related to buggy Win packages, not FrontAccountig application.
See XAMPP bug related thread for more details.
Janusz

Dear all this issue because windows , you can add language manully in  code ,exactly in folder lang :

1) add your langauge folder in lang folder
2) edit  installed_languages.inc to add new language as Example :
---------------------
$installed_languages = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    'code' => 'C',
    'name' => 'English',
    'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
  ),
  1 =>
  array (