Topic: Asset extension

I have been using FA for the past two years. About a year ago I added the Assets extension, checked the relevant Authorization boxes, added an  Asset Type and a couple of Assets.

Recently I had cause to restore a Backup but now, although the Asset Extension is shown as installed, there are no menu items, and no Authorization check boxes and hence I cannot add further Assets.  The original entries are still present in the database.

What can I do to remedy the situation.  Deleting the Extension and reinstalling it seems a bit risky without some advice.

Ticketman

Re: Asset extension

Please check the init sql file of the module. Beside the tables you will find here a couple of stored sql procedures. Unfortunatelly stored procedured are not used beside Aset Register module, so backup/restore utility in FA does not care about them.

I'm not sure this is the source of problem you have encountered, but if it is, you can extract the procedures from the init file (i.e. remove all drop/insert/create table queries) and run it in phpmyadmin.

Janusz

That seems to have cleared the problem.  Many thanks for the advice. I'm very grateful.

Hi All

As you are using the asset extension can you tell me if your report works as expected. I have multiple assets per asset type and when i run the asset list I only get one asset per asset type listed in the report. Also if i modify the asset to change the asset type it does not update as expected.

Any help with tis would be appreciated.

Regards
Dave