1 (edited by apmuthu 11/05/2012 04:48:09 am)

Topic: Incomplete changeset 3090

A translate string change has been done in sales/manage/recurrent_invoices.php in Mercurial Changeset 3090.

Whenever a translate string change is done, an inclusion and / or substitution in the lang/new_language_template/LC_MESSAGES/empty.po file should be done and all the files that refer to the original string need to be checked for similar substitution.

In this case line 30 of sales/manage/sales_groups.php needs to have a different string but sales/manage/sales_areas.php should remain unchanged.

Also line 13124 in lang/new_language_template/LC_MESSAGES/empty.po needs to be suitably altered.

Changeset 3091 introduces 2 new strings not yet present in the empty.po file:

Cannot download repo index file.
and
Cannot download '%s' file.

Post's attachments

fa_2312_mer_3090_additional.zip 572 b, 3 downloads since 2012-11-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Incomplete changeset 3090

Yes, you are right, but the gettext template update is normally updated once, just before new FA release. I would like to avoid sparse hg commits, but if this is any problem for you  I can make it  in a while.

Janusz.

3 (edited by apmuthu 11/04/2012 01:53:55 pm)

Normally it would not be a problem for me, as I use only the English language. In the case of changeset 3090, it s a replacement of a translate string - that has to be uniformly carried over to all affected files and the empty.po as well.

In the case of 3091, the new strings can come in during an FA release - if it was done at once, then those using non-English languages can also partake of debugging - we need as many eyeballs as possible on the code to get it up to speed. It will also help those translators in getting the strings translated well before the FA release.

Otherwise, such translate string changes should be withheld till the FA release whence it would update the empty.po as well.

A policy on this score would augur well when more than the current couple of committers comes to pass.

4 (edited by apmuthu 11/05/2012 04:48:59 am)

In a similar vein (as changeset 3090), line 30 of sales/manage/sales_groups.php:

display_error(_("The area description cannot be empty."));

should be:

display_error(_("The sales group description cannot be empty."));

The patch file has been attached to the first post in this topic.

This has been fixed in hg repo too.
Janusz