Topic: how to change the COA for the training co

I am afraid my question is too easy but I haven't find the answer ... I would like to change the COA I have chosen for the training co., during Installation wizard ...

I have tried in Setup > Update Company and in Setup > Company Setup but both windows don't give such option

Re: how to change the COA for the training co

You simply do the changes you want, after that you do a company backup. After that you do a rename of  the backup to the name you want.
After that you can create new companies with this new COA.

Joe

Place the resultant sql file with a "0_" prefix for the tables in the frontaccounting/sql folder and see that it is included in the installed_extensions.php file along with a meaningfull name, whilst incrementing the array index variable in the said file.

When creating a new company, you will now find it available in the dropdown list for the COA.

apmuthu wrote:

Place the resultant sql file with a "0_" prefix for the tables in the frontaccounting/sql folder and see that it is included in the installed_extensions.php file along with a meaningfull name, whilst incrementing the array index variable in the said file.

When creating a new company, you will now find it available in the dropdown list for the COA.

dear apmuthu,
i am afraid your suggestion is too technical for a lay man
thanks

joe wrote:

You simply do the changes you want, after that you do a company backup. After that you do a rename of  the backup to the name you want.
After that you can create new companies with this new COA.

Joe

dear Joe,

am i right to assume that once a set of COA has been chosen for a company, it can not be changed?

in my case i have picked one and was trying to experiment with the Training Co., later i want to switch to another set of COA and keep experimenting before go wit the Real Company ...

so if i want keep experimenting with another set of COA, i can not do with the first Taining Co., but i should set a new Training Co., is that right?

thanks in advance

New company with a new COA without demo data.