Topic: doubt on pre-requisites

hello,

i am going to install FrontAccounting for the first time ... i have read the instruction and i have found out few discrepancies with the pre-requisites need such as session.auto_start, magic_quotes_gpc, register_globals, innodb tables ...

PHP version : 5.3.16 - see my phpinfo()

session.auto_start : OFF
magic_quotes_gpc : ON
register_globals : OFF

MySQL version : 5.5 - see my MySQL info

innodb_tables_locks : ON

i am shy to admit that i dont have any idea what these variables mean ...

do you think i can proceed anyway or i should hold (i am on a webhosting and i doubt the hosting company will change these for me)

thanks for your feedback

Vito

Re: doubt on pre-requisites

On first page of FA installer you will find system diagnostics info. When all tests are printed in green you can go ahead and your FA should be instalaed properly. Otherwise make described corrections and try again. There is no special need to tune your php.ini nor other server side configuration files, unless you encounter problems.
Janusz

Thanks itronics,
I will go ahead and see what error or tuning there will be needed
I hope I will not need to report further problems
Vito

Me too, however if you would find any problems despite all start tests has been passed successfully, do not forget to report found issue to FA Mantis bugtracker. This help us make FA better.
Janusz

unfortunately i can not get the first page of the Installer  :-(

i have downloaded the most recent stable release form SourceForge (2.3.12.zip)

extract all and uploaded on a new directory, called "fa" (555) under the root folder

first time didn't work, so i tried to change the permission of "fa" to (777)

every time i get the Error 500 Internal Server Error

do you have any idea? it is because something is nor as pre-requisites?

many thanks

Vito

downloaded, unpacked, uploaded ... nothing happen, always "Error 500 Internal Server Error" ... i don't get to any installer page :-(((

in case someone is trying to help, here is the environment:

• Webserver: Linux

• Apache/2.4.3

• PHP Version 5.2.17

• Server API: CGI/FastCGI

• MySql Version 5.5

as u can imagine i am stuck, dont know how to proceed ... thanks for your kind cooperation

Vito

anyone has any advice?

i have tried to download again, i have tried to delete the folder and re-upload again ... nothing happen ...

do i need to ask the webhosting company if some variables can be fixed (that wpuld be difficult as i am on shared webserver)

doi i need to try to download an older version?

thanks

The fa directory should have permissions 755 and not 555.
It must be chmod-ed to the webserver user.
In case the config.php file cannot be created, do so manually by copying the config.default.php as config.php and edit them. Also place the installed_extensions.php file in the the company/0/ folder after removing variables other than the array of extensions. Language extensions file may also have to be created. Manually execute the sql/en_US-new.sql file in mysql.

Any issues, provide access on PM.

9 (edited by Vdonatiello 10/07/2012 01:02:43 pm)

thanks for your reply

it was a mistyping, the fa directory was created by default 755, as it is not working i tried 777 but also no working

but i dont understand why i dont reach the installer? nothing happen, only 500 error

no more doubts no pre-requisites ... somehow i managed to get the webhosting to adjust the php file

now the configuration is:

PHP Version 5.3.16

- session.auto_start    Off
- magic_quotes_gpc    Off
- register_globals        Off

can anyone have an idea why i dont get anything but the 500 error? i dont understand, i dont know what else i should do ...

apmuthu wrote:

[...]
Any issues, provide access on PM.

thanks for your availability ...i am afraid to look stupid ... how to send you PM?

extract all and uploaded on a new directory, called "fa" (555) under the root folder

You mean  document_root, not file system root I hope?
Also 500 Error sometimes is triggered by .htaccess files on unusual apache configurations. Try remove the .htaccess file temporarily form fa folder.
Janusz

Click on my nickname on the left of my post here in this thread and click on the email link. This forum does not have PM facility enabled for users.

Remove / rename the .htaccess file first and try.

apmuthu wrote:

Click on my nickname on the left of my post here in this thread and click on the email link. This forum does not have PM facility enabled for users.

i have clicked on the nickname on the left side, there is a website link, but there is not a email link :-(

apmuthu wrote:

Remove / rename the .htaccess file first and try.

/mydomain
   /dir
   /dir
   /fa (755) the one i have create to upload F.A. 2.3.12
   /other dir
   /index.php

there is not .htaccess file

i am hopeless :-) i dont understand why i can not access the Installer :-)

itronics wrote:

Also 500 Error sometimes is triggered by .htaccess files on unusual apache configurations. Try remove the .htaccess file temporarily form fa folder.
Janusz

hi Janusz,

i did rename the .htaccess and now i can access the Installer ...

i will proceed and see if everything else is ok

removing the the .htaccess file expose my website to some danger?

thanks so much for everybody help so far

Vito

Fine.
There is nothing weird in the htaccess file, so I really dont know why apache has problems with it. The most important part is the one on the top of the file, which blocks unauthorized access to some files, but also this one is not crucial for security.

Please try test (by commenting out) which part of the file is source of the failure, then report the result back, then we will fix the problem in next FA release.

Janusz