Topic: Frontaccounting Upgrade Error!

Hello Joe,

I have a problem upgrading from 2.2.11 to 2.3.1. On upgrading and i get an error symbol on the screen. below are the following errors.

Version                  Description                                  Sqlfile                Install                         force Upgrade
2.1                         Upgrade from 2.0 - 2.1             alter 2.1              Installed
2.2                         Upgrade from 2.1 - 2.2             alter 2.2              Installed
2.3                         Upgrade from 2.2 - 2.3             alter 2.3              partially Installed (1/4)

Database upgrade marked as partially installed cannot be installed automatically.
You have to clean database manually to enable them, or try to perform force upgrade.

Error Message
PHP Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare  Class line_details in C:\xamp\htdocs\frontaccounting\purchasing\includes\po_class.inc on line 121.

Upgrade error
You have missing or invalid sales Document in database (type:30, number:1)

Call to undefined function get_payment_terms () in  C:\xamp\htdocs\frontaccounting\sales\includes\class_class.inc on line 300.

On logging in
undefined property: app_function:: C:\xamp\htdocs\frontaccounting\theme\aqua\renderer.php at line 159, 179.

please help. what do I do. how do I correct this?

thanks

Popsicles12.

Re: Frontaccounting Upgrade Error!

Have you tried to make a forced upgrade?

Joe

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I have done forced upgrade severally and it is still showing thesame errors.

Kindly, help me out.

Thanks.

Popsicles12.

I will ask Janusz to look at this.

Joe

First, seems you have partially upgraded database, and this can block 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade process. Before the update is preformed following database structure elements are checked:
. type field is included in 0_comments table index;
. 0_sys_prefs table exists;
. 0_sales_orders.payment_terms field exists;
. 0_purch_orders.tax_included field exists;

If any of those preconditions are met, the database is considered as partially upgraded. You should fix the database structure manually (e.g. via phpmyadmin) before upgrade.

But those are not the only changes which could rise errors during upgrade: any database structure change done on elements involved in FA upgrade procedure  can rise errors and block the upgrade. To avoid any errors, generally your database should have structure exactly as it is defined in en_US-*.sql in 2.2 distribution tarball.

Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your reply.My database is a multi-company database where I used 0_ as prefix for the first company, while 1_ as a prefix for the second company.
In this circumstances, how do I do the upgrade manually using PHPMYADMIN. Please help

Thanks,

popsicles12

The whole upgrade process is too complex to do it manually. You should just find the exact problem which block the upgrade, and fix it before you continue.
You should check the list above and fix the database scheme respectively. When it is done right, you should see upgrade option for version 2.3 in place of 'partially Installed (1/4)' info.

Hello Janusz,
thanks for your support.
Could you please tell me how I can locate the fix the database scheme respectively. What I mean is how to I go about the fixing of the database to allow for the upgrade.
Pls, kindly help out.

thank you

Popsicles12

Application upgrade procedures for switching to version 2.3 are coded in file alter2.3.php and two sql files: alter2.3sql and alter2.3rc.sql. You will find them all in sql folder. As you can see all the procedure is rather complex, so you should rather:

0. run FA backup, install new sources in separate folder and restore backup file in the new database;
1. run upgrade procedure available under Software Upgrade menu option;
2. note any errors displayed during upgrade;
3. fix the errors in your database manually using phpmyadmin and retry again from p.1, until no errors appears.

Upgrade procedure tries to restore database in case of failure, but this not always is possible (depends on errors encountered), thus the best method is starting starting from database restore from scratch using backup file.
Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your effort to make my upgrade work.
This is what I got when i tried again to upgrade from 2.2.11 to 2.3.12.
I followed the procedure of upgrade and overwrite the files of 2.2.11 with 2.3.12 files. I logged in and when I checked the if it has upgraded, it was showing the following

Version                  Description                                  Sqlfile                Install                         force Upgrade
2.1                         Upgrade from 2.0 - 2.1             alter 2.1              Installed
2.2                         Upgrade from 2.1 - 2.2             alter 2.2              Installed
2.3                         Upgrade from 2.2 - 2.3             alter 2.3              Installed

when I try to check on customers and start working it shows the following:

System is blocked after source upgrade until database is updated on System/Software Upgrade page

so what do I do with the above error.

thanks, expecting your reply.

Popsicles12.

I'm not sure why it has happened, but seems the databse scheme version has not been updated during upgrade procedure. This should never happen if the upgradewas successfull. Anyway you can try to fix database scheme version tag manually. Open phpmyadmin on your database, find record in *_sys_prefs table with name=='version_id', and set value field to '2.3rc'. If all previous upgrade steps where performed sucessfully, you should be able to login and work on just upgraded application.

Janusz

Please compare the existing sql dump for a new company with it's standard (non demo) data with that from the sql/en_US-new.sql file - it is possible that a few of the alter*.sql files did not go thru correctly. Also check the list of entries in each relevant alter*.sql file in order to see if they were missed out in the main en_US-new.sql file. This info is in the light of mismatched sql files corrected in Mercurial Changeset 3076 for the unstable branch.

In general, when any change is done to the database - schema or standard data - it should be faithfully propagated to the necessary alter*.sql file and the demo sql file as well. It is possible that some changes may solely reside in the demo sql file alone!

The sql files in 2.3.11 are corect. This stable branch wink.
Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your response.

I followed the procedure you gave me by going to the *_sys_pref table to manually change the Version number to 2.3rc. On changing it, the default company worked but the other companies are still showing the error "Access to application has been blocked until database upgrade is completed by system administrator."
How do I make the other companies work since it is a multi-company setup.

Thanks so very much

Popsicles12

Do a db schema diff check between the default company and the other companies.... or change the field value to be 2.3rc in each of the companies databases / tables

hello Janusz,

the schema diff between the default company and the other companies are as follows:

the default company has "0_crm_category, 0_crm_contacts, 0_crm_persons and 0_sys_prefs but the other companies does not have them.

What do I do next?

thanks.

Popsicles12

Seems your case is more complex than expected. Seems the original proces failed on first company, but the others could be consistent. You can try following last resort procedure:
. comment out the first company in config_db.php temporarily;
. retry upgrade after login to admin account on the first (not commented out) company;
. if all will go right just uncommnet first company and you are done.
Before starting above procedure I strongly recommend detailed inspection of all companies database schemes - all should be identical to sheme used in version  2.2 (providing you have started upgrade from 2.2).
Janusz

18 (edited by apmuthu 10/09/2012 02:07:23 am)

Using RazorSQL, SQLyog Ultimate or Navicat Premium you can connect to and synch all companies to the existing default company's schema or create a dummy database with the contents of the latest en_US-new.sql file and check out the diffs and sync from there. As for the data diffs, it is a bit more tricky as standard data elements only must be considered. That is why I preferred a separate schema file and standard data sql file besides demo data sql file. For COAs only the standard data sql file needs to be different!

Hello Janusz,
I commented out the default company but the login page will not display on the browser. it was showing error of not connecting to the default database.
If I may ask, since there is a difference on the database schema of the default company and the other companies as the default company has 79 tables while the other companies has 75 tables, how do I make the other companies upgrade to 79 tables. The missing tables as as follows; 0_crm_category, 0_crm_contacts, 0_crm_persons and 0_sys_prefs.

What if I create one of the companies with the 2.3 database schema and dump the database, will it upgrade? please help out.

thanks

Popsicles12.

Contact me offline if you are still stuck - will need schema dump of all databases - zipped. Later will need data dump of standard data tables alone - zipped. Also see if you are using legacy roles or not.

21 (edited by apmuthu 10/15/2012 08:37:13 am)

Epilogue: popsicles12 contacted me offiline sending me the sql dump on one database and I found that many tables had to be altered for field types / sizes.

Free Advice and Free Diff File Sent:

Use the upgrade sql that I sent you in phpMyAdmin on the specific database (after taking a backup) and you will find the database upgraded correctly.

popsicles12 then did so appropriately and had this to say:

Thanks you so very much. The upgrade is done. I had to use the content of the table sys_pref in the 2.3 sql script that came with the 2.3.11 to fill in the data for the newly created table and then change the version number to 2.3rc, then I could login. It is working now.
Thanks so much, I really appreciate your contribution.

I do hope this will serve to assist others in a similar throe. popsicles12 bravado and persistence saw him thru.

Ok guys, so what was the real reason of popsicles12's problem ? Why he couldn't upgrade just with upgrade routine provided in 2.3?
Janusz

Actually, what happens is when even one SQL statement of the alter*.sql files fail or are executed external to the attendant alter*.php files, the rest of the SQL statements are not executed and the successive dependant statements in later files too would fail.

Appended (no allowed attachments here) below is the contents of the upgrade sql file that popsicles12 used:

==============

ALTER TABLE `4_audit_trail`
    DROP KEY `fiscal_year`,
    ADD KEY `Seq`(`fiscal_year`,`gl_date`,`gl_seq`),
    ADD KEY `Type_and_Number`(`type`,`trans_no`);

ALTER TABLE `4_bank_accounts`
    CHANGE `account_code` `account_code` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' first,
    ADD KEY `account_code`(`account_code`);

ALTER TABLE `4_bank_trans`
    CHANGE `bank_act` `bank_act` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `trans_no`,
    ADD KEY `bank_act_2`(`bank_act`,`reconciled`),
    ADD KEY `bank_act_3`(`bank_act`,`trans_date`);

ALTER TABLE `4_bom`
    DROP KEY `Parent_2`;

ALTER TABLE `4_budget_trans`
    CHANGE `account` `account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `tran_date`,
    ADD KEY `Account`(`account`,`tran_date`,`dimension_id`,`dimension2_id`);

ALTER TABLE `4_chart_class`
    CHANGE `cid` `cid` varchar(3)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL first;

ALTER TABLE `4_chart_master`
    CHANGE `account_code` `account_code` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' first,
    CHANGE `account_code2` `account_code2` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `account_code`,
    CHANGE `account_type` `account_type` varchar(10)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' after `account_name`,
    DROP KEY `account_code`,
    ADD KEY `accounts_by_type`(`account_type`,`account_code`);

ALTER TABLE `4_chart_types`
    CHANGE `id` `id` varchar(10)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL first,
    CHANGE `class_id` `class_id` varchar(3)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `name`,
    CHANGE `parent` `parent` varchar(10)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1' after `class_id`,
    ADD KEY `class_id`(`class_id`);

ALTER TABLE `4_comments`
    ADD KEY `type_and_id`(`type`,`id`);

CREATE TABLE `4_crm_categories`(
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL  auto_increment COMMENT 'pure technical key' ,
    `type` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  COMMENT 'contact type e.g. customer' ,
    `action` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  COMMENT 'detailed usage e.g. department' ,
    `name` varchar(30) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  COMMENT 'for category selector' ,
    `description` tinytext COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  COMMENT 'usage description' ,
    `system` tinyint(1) NOT NULL  DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'nonzero for core system usage' ,
    `inactive` tinyint(1) NOT NULL  DEFAULT 0 ,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ,
    UNIQUE KEY `type`(`type`,`action`) ,
    UNIQUE KEY `type_2`(`type`,`name`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET='latin1';

CREATE TABLE `4_crm_contacts`(
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL  auto_increment ,
    `person_id` int(11) NOT NULL  DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'foreign key to crm_contacts' ,
    `type` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  COMMENT 'foreign key to crm_categories' ,
    `action` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  COMMENT 'foreign key to crm_categories' ,
    `entity_id` varchar(11) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  COMMENT 'entity id in related class table' ,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ,
    KEY `type`(`type`,`action`)

CREATE TABLE `4_crm_persons`(
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL  auto_increment ,
    `ref` varchar(30) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  ,
    `name` varchar(60) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  ,
    `name2` varchar(60) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `address` tinytext COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `phone` varchar(30) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `phone2` varchar(30) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `fax` varchar(30) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `email` varchar(100) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `lang` char(5) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `notes` tinytext COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  ,
    `inactive` tinyint(1) NOT NULL  DEFAULT 0 ,
    PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ,
    KEY `ref`(`ref`)

ALTER TABLE `4_cust_allocations`
    ADD KEY `From`(`trans_type_from`,`trans_no_from`),
    ADD KEY `To`(`trans_type_to`,`trans_no_to`);

ALTER TABLE `4_cust_branch`
    CHANGE `contact_name` `contact_name` varchar(60)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `salesman`,
    CHANGE `default_location` `default_location` varchar(5)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `contact_name`,
    CHANGE `tax_group_id` `tax_group_id` int(11)   NULL after `default_location`,
    CHANGE `sales_account` `sales_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `tax_group_id`,
    CHANGE `sales_discount_account` `sales_discount_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `sales_account`,
    CHANGE `receivables_account` `receivables_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `sales_discount_account`,
    CHANGE `payment_discount_account` `payment_discount_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `receivables_account`,
    CHANGE `default_ship_via` `default_ship_via` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 after `payment_discount_account`,
    CHANGE `disable_trans` `disable_trans` tinyint(4)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `default_ship_via`,
    CHANGE `br_post_address` `br_post_address` tinytext  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL after `disable_trans`,
    CHANGE `group_no` `group_no` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `br_post_address`,
    CHANGE `notes` `notes` tinytext  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL after `group_no`,
    CHANGE `inactive` `inactive` tinyint(1)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `notes`,
    DROP COLUMN `phone`,
    DROP COLUMN `phone2`,
    DROP COLUMN `fax`,
    DROP COLUMN `email`,
    DROP KEY `br_name`,
    ADD KEY `branch_ref`(`branch_ref`),
    ADD KEY `group_no`(`group_no`);

ALTER TABLE `4_debtor_trans`
    CHANGE `dimension_id` `dimension_id` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `ship_via`,
    CHANGE `dimension2_id` `dimension2_id` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `dimension_id`,
    ADD COLUMN `payment_terms` int(11)   NULL after `dimension2_id`,
    DROP COLUMN `trans_link`,
    DROP KEY `PRIMARY`, add PRIMARY KEY(`type`,`trans_no`),
    ADD KEY `tran_date`(`tran_date`);

ALTER TABLE `4_debtor_trans_details`
    ADD COLUMN `src_id` int(11)   NOT NULL after `qty_done`,
    ADD KEY `src_id`(`src_id`),
    ADD KEY `Transaction`(`debtor_trans_type`,`debtor_trans_no`);

ALTER TABLE `4_debtors_master`
    CHANGE `tax_id` `tax_id` varchar(55)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `address`,
    CHANGE `curr_code` `curr_code` char(3)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `tax_id`,
    CHANGE `sales_type` `sales_type` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 after `curr_code`,
    CHANGE `dimension_id` `dimension_id` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `sales_type`,
    CHANGE `dimension2_id` `dimension2_id` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `dimension_id`,
    CHANGE `credit_status` `credit_status` int(11)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `dimension2_id`,
    CHANGE `payment_terms` `payment_terms` int(11)   NULL after `credit_status`,
    CHANGE `discount` `discount` double   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `payment_terms`,
    CHANGE `pymt_discount` `pymt_discount` double   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `discount`,
    CHANGE `credit_limit` `credit_limit` float   NOT NULL DEFAULT 1000 after `pymt_discount`,
    CHANGE `notes` `notes` tinytext  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL after `credit_limit`,
    DROP COLUMN `email`,
    ADD UNIQUE KEY `debtor_ref`(`debtor_ref`),
    DROP KEY `name`, add KEY `name`(`name`);

ALTER TABLE `4_dimensions`
    ADD KEY `date_`(`date_`),
    ADD KEY `due_date`(`due_date`),
    ADD KEY `type_`(`type_`);

ALTER TABLE `4_fiscal_year`
    ADD UNIQUE KEY `begin`(`begin`),
    ADD UNIQUE KEY `end`(`end`);

ALTER TABLE `4_gl_trans`
    CHANGE `account` `account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `tran_date`,
    ADD KEY `account_and_tran_date`(`account`,`tran_date`),
    ADD KEY `dimension2_id`(`dimension2_id`),
    ADD KEY `dimension_id`(`dimension_id`),

ALTER TABLE `4_grn_batch`
    ADD KEY `delivery_date`(`delivery_date`),
    ADD KEY `purch_order_no`(`purch_order_no`);

ALTER TABLE `4_grn_items`
    ADD KEY `grn_batch_id`(`grn_batch_id`);

ALTER TABLE `4_item_codes`
    ADD KEY `item_code`(`item_code`);

ALTER TABLE `4_purch_order_details`
    ADD KEY `order`(`order_no`,`po_detail_item`);

ALTER TABLE `4_purch_orders`
    ADD COLUMN `total` double   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `delivery_address`,
    ADD COLUMN `tax_included` tinyint(1)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `total`,
    ADD KEY `ord_date`(`ord_date`);

ALTER TABLE `4_quick_entries`
    ADD COLUMN `bal_type` tinyint(1)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `base_desc`;

ALTER TABLE `4_quick_entry_lines`
    CHANGE `dest_id` `dest_id` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `action`;

ALTER TABLE `4_refs`
    ADD KEY `Type_and_Reference`(`type`,`reference`);

ALTER TABLE `4_sales_order_details`
    ADD KEY `sorder`(`trans_type`,`order_no`);

ALTER TABLE `4_sales_orders`
    ADD COLUMN `payment_terms` int(11)   NULL after `delivery_date`,
    ADD COLUMN `total` double   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `payment_terms`;

ALTER TABLE `4_stock_category`
    CHANGE `dflt_sales_act` `dflt_sales_act` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `dflt_mb_flag`,
    CHANGE `dflt_cogs_act` `dflt_cogs_act` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `dflt_sales_act`,
    CHANGE `dflt_inventory_act` `dflt_inventory_act` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `dflt_cogs_act`,
    CHANGE `dflt_adjustment_act` `dflt_adjustment_act` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `dflt_inventory_act`,
    CHANGE `dflt_assembly_act` `dflt_assembly_act` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `dflt_adjustment_act`;

ALTER TABLE `4_stock_master`
    CHANGE `sales_account` `sales_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `mb_flag`,
    CHANGE `cogs_account` `cogs_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `sales_account`,
    CHANGE `inventory_account` `inventory_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `cogs_account`,
    CHANGE `adjustment_account` `adjustment_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `inventory_account`,
    CHANGE `assembly_account` `assembly_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `adjustment_account`,
    ADD COLUMN `editable` tinyint(1)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `no_sale`;

ALTER TABLE `4_stock_moves`
    ADD KEY `Move`(`stock_id`,`loc_code`,`tran_date`);

ALTER TABLE `4_supp_allocations`
    ADD KEY `From`(`trans_type_from`,`trans_no_from`),
    ADD KEY `To`(`trans_type_to`,`trans_no_to`);

ALTER TABLE `4_supp_invoice_items`
    CHANGE `gl_code` `gl_code` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `supp_trans_type`,
    ADD KEY `Transaction`(`supp_trans_type`,`supp_trans_no`,`stock_id`);

ALTER TABLE `4_supp_trans`
    ADD COLUMN `tax_included` tinyint(1)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `alloc`,
    DROP KEY `PRIMARY`, add PRIMARY KEY(`type`,`trans_no`),

ALTER TABLE `4_suppliers`
    CHANGE `gst_no` `gst_no` varchar(25)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `supp_address`,
    CHANGE `contact` `contact` varchar(60)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `gst_no`,
    CHANGE `supp_account_no` `supp_account_no` varchar(40)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `contact`,
    CHANGE `website` `website` varchar(100)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `supp_account_no`,
    CHANGE `bank_account` `bank_account` varchar(60)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `website`,
    CHANGE `curr_code` `curr_code` char(3)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL after `bank_account`,
    CHANGE `payment_terms` `payment_terms` int(11)   NULL after `curr_code`,
    ADD COLUMN `tax_included` tinyint(1)   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `payment_terms`,
    CHANGE `dimension_id` `dimension_id` int(11)   NULL DEFAULT 0 after `tax_included`,
    CHANGE `dimension2_id` `dimension2_id` int(11)   NULL DEFAULT 0 after `dimension_id`,
    CHANGE `tax_group_id` `tax_group_id` int(11)   NULL after `dimension2_id`,
    CHANGE `credit_limit` `credit_limit` double   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 after `tax_group_id`,
    CHANGE `purchase_account` `purchase_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `credit_limit`,
    CHANGE `payable_account` `payable_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `purchase_account`,
    CHANGE `payment_discount_account` `payment_discount_account` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `payable_account`,
    CHANGE `notes` `notes` tinytext  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL after `payment_discount_account`,
    DROP COLUMN `phone`,
    DROP COLUMN `phone2`,
    DROP COLUMN `fax`,
    DROP COLUMN `email`,
    ADD KEY `supp_ref`(`supp_ref`);

CREATE TABLE `4_sys_prefs`(
    `name` varchar(35) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  DEFAULT '' ,
    `category` varchar(30) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    `type` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL  DEFAULT '' ,
    `length` smallint(6) NULL  ,
    `value` tinytext COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL  ,
    PRIMARY KEY (`name`) ,
    KEY `category`(`category`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET='latin1';

ALTER TABLE `4_tag_associations`
    CHANGE `record_id` `record_id` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL first;

ALTER TABLE `4_tax_types`
    CHANGE `sales_gl_code` `sales_gl_code` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `rate`,
    CHANGE `purchasing_gl_code` `purchasing_gl_code` varchar(15)  COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after `sales_gl_code`;

ALTER TABLE `4_trans_tax_details`
    ADD KEY `tran_date`(`tran_date`),
    ADD KEY `Type_and_Number`(`trans_type`,`trans_no`);

ALTER TABLE `4_useronline`
    ADD KEY `ip`(`ip`);

ALTER TABLE `4_wo_issues`
    ADD KEY `workorder_id`(`workorder_id`);

ALTER TABLE `4_wo_manufacture`

ALTER TABLE `4_wo_requirements`

=============

FA is responsible for upgrade procedures from one major version to the next. There is no way to support any random changes made in db scheme outside FA control. So, my question is: which exactly queries has failed in upgrade scripts?

Without clear answer to this question I don't know whether was this upgrade procedure failure or just unsupported case.

Janusz

This was done by comparing the latest db structure to the clients failed state existing one. The FA project can by no means even attempt to provide a one size fits all solution in this case. This method was a last case best effort basis attempt that actually succeeded according to popsicles12.

SQLyog Ultimate has a DB Synch Wizard that compares 2 databases and spits out the one way sync SQL statements needed. Default core data can also be compared using the Data Synch Wizard and a similar SQL delete / update / insert set needed would be output.

In short, it is an unsupported case. The actual lessons from the initial failure were not captured by popsicles12 from his Mysql error logs and hence cannot enlighten us on the exact cause of failure.