Topic: Not able to add new customer/supplier or any kind of records

Hi All,

I am new to FrontAccounting. I love to use it. I installed Front Accounting on my website...but it seems some problem in creating new records like new supplier, customer etc....even it is not showing any error expect some warning message sysmbol.

I might miss some permission to set up ....really don't have any idea....if any one experience this problem before..please let me know ..what to do to get off this problems

Thanks in advance
Appi

Re: Not able to add new customer/supplier or any kind of records

Please check that Search Customer or Supplier list is not marked. Look for this in Company setup, Setup tab.

Hi Joe,

Thanks very much. i check company setup it seems to be unchecked already. even when i m trying to add new user...i am not able to do...

it is not updating or not able to add any new things....i think i might miss some permissions or something wrong with installation...

I thought to attach some images..but i could not do this on this forum.......

Thanks
Appi

I'm on this problem. does anyone have a solution, everything usually works not only saves the information?

Hi Joe.

I am on this problem too nothing is updating and saving except when you change the company name. I have checked all the permissions and they are in order. I have also installed on another domain and it is same problem.it is not updating or not able to add any new things....

I looked at the error log and saw this error

[Thu Aug 23 17:50:54 2012] [error] [client 41.190.3.102] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/406.shtml, referer: http://mydomain.com/acc/admin/users.php?

while i was trying to create a new user

You might want to look at this post http://urbangiraffe.com/2005/08/20/mysterious-406-error/ it shows where the Apache configuration could be giving you problems.

Hi mancharly,

not sure if this topic is still current, but I just ran into the same. First thing you could do is check if data was written to your database. For example for suppliers: Go to your phpMyAdmin, open corresponding table (fl_suppliers), then click

MacPhotoBiker
--
Just do your Core Business, we do the rest: Computer Maintenance  |  Data Recovery  |  Hosting  |  Accounting
www.justcorebusiness.com

@surrreyhills
Thank you for pointing out this blogpost. Very inspiring.
@MacPhotoBiker
Looking into mentioned article, seems following section added to .htaccess file in FA folder should fix the problem:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Please test the fix and report results here.

Additionally, I have just fixed the problem with truncated posts on FA forum. Thank you for press on me to fix this issue wink.

Janusz