Topic: Problem with htaccess and environment variable

Hi,
I am completely new to this, so I hope i can find help here.
I just downloaded and install the latest version of FA. It looks very promising.
The installation went smoothly.
After that i could not get it started. Turned out to be the .htaccess file was in the way.
After trial and error it was the line of the -indexes that needed to be removed.

However the first time login still gave invalid user or password.
I found out that i have to check the errorlog and that gave the message

[17-Sep-2012 12:58:26 UTC] ::gettext.php:71: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANG' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars)
[17-Sep-2012 12:58:26 UTC] ::gettext.php:72: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LC_ALL' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars)
[17-Sep-2012 12:58:26 UTC] ::gettext.php:73: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars)

Looked everywhere but do not know how to solve this.

Mark

Re: Problem with htaccess and environment variable

Hi,
I am little step further.
It seems to come from includes/lang/gettext.php lines 71 until 76 is where the putenv() is used sombody told me that it is better to use $set = setlocale().
But i have no clue about php programming?
And still can not get login.

Mark

You can try just comment out the three calls to putenv adding '//' at the form of the line.
setlocale is anyway called later in this function. But anyway this error should not block your login, so the original problem is in some other place.
Janusz

4 (edited by Mark 09/24/2012 12:42:03 pm)

Hi,
Thank you.
I did the comment out of these three lines and it still does not work.

Can i try to install it all again?
Maybe there is a mistake in the users name/password.
Or do you have to uninstall it first?

Mark

Yes, sure. You can try install the  application again form scratch. Most easiest way is just to delete created database and application folder, then unpack the FA distribution tarball again and go through install process (there is no builtin uninstaller in FA).

Janusz

6 (edited by Mark 09/24/2012 11:51:10 pm)

Ok thanks.
I removed everything and installed again.
Now I noticed that with step 2 of the installation process i got the error message:
Release file in repository is invalid, or public key is outdated.
The installation continued.
But again i could not login in.

I had to remove the htaccess file and comment out the three lines.
And used not the default user name.

Mark