Topic: The POS

I am trying to understand how this POS function works in FA.
Is there any help about this? or Can anyone provide some clues?

Does this function provide connectivity to a POS? Is there any compatible POS that connects directly to FA?

Cheers,

2 (edited by apmuthu 10/07/2012 12:14:33 pm)

Re: The POS

Web ERP's lead developer Phil Daintree's company LogicWorks provides a compiled POS connector and desktop application (Win, Lin, Mac - Counter-Logic Point of Sale System) for an annual fee of USD 75/-. There is no such equivalent in FA - AFAIK. It is based on Python and compiled and uses the Zadig USB Driver Installer from the libwdi project on Sourceforge and Python esc/pos project at Googlecode.

With rich HTML5 capabilities, it shouldn't be long before a completely free POS becomes available for FA. Chris Muench's PHP Point of Sale was free till they went closed source (USD 99/- per install with 1yr free upgrades), the last free version with all features are available as a WebApp for the BlueQuartz/BlueOnyx project (BQBO-webapp-phpos-11.3.pkg) and is privately available with a few developers.

The current open source version fork of the PHPPOS is available as Open Source POS. Their latest v2.01 released a few days ago is here.

Thanks for this information. I will check each and every option available.

Regards,

POS defined in FA is just set of sales settings, which is later assigned to FA users.
Janusz

Janusz Thanks.

Carmelo

FrontAccounting Point Of Sale Integration Suites

FrontAccounting is a great piece of software with robust back-end accounting software that support multi-currency, multi-location, stock mangement and is a lightweight ERP package. However, there are no Point Of Sale support for Retail Store.

We received quite a numbers of request from our customers mainly who are using FrontAccounting as their Accounting Software. We hereby take a step forward to developed this missing piece of code that integrated FrontAccounting with PHP POS.

The Concepts:

FrontAccounting will be the Main Office (HQ) for your company. You manage all your customers, suppliers, inventory control like item pricing, quantity, reorder level for all branches in FA. The POS Terminal will automatically populate the data into each branch respectively depending on POS Locations.

The customers and suppliers data will be share among each branches. The inventory data will be populated depending on POS Locations. This is because the customers can buy any items from different POS locations and able to use the GiftCard to redeem the goods.

For each branch, you have to setup GL Account, Bank Account, Point Of Sales, Inventory Locations and assigned your staff to each POS. These is because we need to have clear bookkeeping data for each branch.

When the customer buy item from any POS location, the sales orders will be automatically sync back to Main Office (HQ). FA will automatically create Customer, Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Delivery Order and Customer Payment depending on your setting in Payment Terms.

Note: CASH payment will create Customer Payment directly.

Online and Off-line Terminal

Our solutions support online and offline sync. The reason is if your internet line have been cut-off (downtime), your POS Terminal WILL NOT BE AFFECTED and will be operate as usual WITHOUT ANY INTERRUPTION. When your internet line resume back to normal, the data will be sync back to HQ to consolidate the Inventory, Sales Order, Customers, GiftCard and so on.

The Solutions:

Open Source POS is another great piece of software that support basic functionality of POS system but is sufficient to be use by most retail businesses. Before we use the Integration Suites, we need to setup the parameters correctly.

FrontAccounting POS configuration:

1) Setting up Inventory Locations
    - KL – Kuala Lumpur
    - PJ – Petaling Jaya

2) Setting up GL Accounts for each POS Retail Store
    - KL GL Account
    - PJ GL Account

3) Setting up Bank Accounts for each POS Retail Store
    - KL Cash Account
    - PJ Cash Account

4) Setting up Point Of Sales for each POS locations
    - POS – Kuala Lumpur
    - POS – Petaling Jaya

5) User Account Setup for each User POS. Assign Each Users to different POS location
     demo1 – Kuala Lumpur
     demo2 – Petaling Jaya

6) Payment Terms need to setup for POS at least for the Description below:
    Type: Cash, Description: Cash Only
    Type: Cash, Description: Credit Card
    Type: Cash, Description: Debit Card
    Type: Cash, Description: Gift Card
    Type: Cash, Description: Split Payments

Note: Split Payments mean the customers can partially paid by Cash and Credit Card or any combination.

7) Setting up POS Inventory Management – inventory control will be manage by FA
    - Create UOM, Categories and also create a new items
    - Set the seling pricing, re-order level for each items

8) Purchase Order Management
    - Create a new Suppliers and Contact information
    - Enter a new Purchase Order for all items until you received the items
    - Alternatively, you can make an Inventory Adjustment for each items

9) Create a universal customer called "CASH SALE", make sure the Customer Contact, Branch, Branch Contact are properly setting up. Alternatively, you should create it using PHP POS which will be automatically sync the "CASH SALE" into FA.

Below are some of the features supported by PHP POS

- Customers, Suppliers, Items, Item Kit, Employee, Gift Cards Management
   - Sales Register – to handle sale and return items
   - Generate barcodes item for each products with label
   - Scan barcodes item into sale
   - Store Configuration
   - Summary Report
   - and so on

<b>Below are the features supported by FA POS Data Sync Suites</b>

Features     Sync Direction     Remark
Customer Contact     2-way sync     Create in FA / POSFA need to change at Contact Level
Supplier Contact     2-way sync     Create in FA / POSFA need to change at Contact Level
Category     1-way sync             Create in FA
Items     2-way sync             Create in FA / POS
Items Units     1-way sync     Create in POS
Item Locations     1-way sync     Create in POS
GiftCards     1-way sync             Create in POS
Payment Terms     1-way sync     Create in FA
                                                Type: Cash, Description: Cash
Sales Invoice     1-way sync     Create Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Delivery Order and Customers Payment
Sales Return     1-way sync     Create Customer Credit Notes on Return item

FrontAccounting Point Of Sales Demo Site:

FrontAccounting POS: http://www.cartbooks.com/fapos
Username: demo1
Password: password123

PHP POS Terminal 1: http://www.cartbooks.com/pos1

PHP POS Terminal 2: http://www.cartbooks.com/pos2
Username: demo2

If you have any inquiry about the integration suites, kindly contact me to clarify. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

Thankyou tclim - very explicitly put. Have referenced this post in the SimpleAPI page on the Wiki.

Hi apmuthu,

Thanks you for pointing out the SimpleAPI and it look good to provide access for External Integration. But anyway, I am using my own Custom REST API to integration with FrontAccounting. The development take longer time for 2-ways synchronization process. Actually, The module I have integrated in FA with Open Souce POS are 2-ways sync from Branch to Branch. But I think I was accidentally wrote by 1-way sync in my post.

Cheers,

tclim

tclim,

I have had a look at your demo site, and it looks like your FA <-> Open Source Point Of Sale is a very nice connector. Well done!

It seems that in Open Source Point Of Sale there is no option to charge a customer sale to their account, but in FA this is exactly what happens. Does your integration between OSPOS and FA solve this problem, so that we can either make a cash or account sale?

If so, can you see the customer's account balance in OSPOS when creating a sale, and can it block a sale to a customer over their credit limit or credit terms?

If not, is it feasible to change OSPOS to take into account the need to charge some sales to an account?

We are not worried about payment allocation because we can do this directly in FA, but we definately need to take cash from some customers and charge the account of others.

Thanks and regards

Hi Digger,

Thanks you for your nice comments. We try to build this OSPOS according to the FrontAccounting requirements. If FA work that way, we will follow exactly the same at the moment.

1) It seems that in Open Source Point Of Sale there is no option to charge a customer sale to their account, but in FA this is exactly what happens. Does your integration between OSPOS and FA solve this problem, so that we can either make a cash or account sale?

You can choose to use "Cash" or "Customer Account" when you perform the "Cash Register" in OSPOS. Firstly, please Select Customer (Optional) Start Typing customer's name. You can simply type your Customer name or "Double Click" on the textbox and it will autoload the customers list. Choose your Customer Account before you choose the "Find/Scan Item".

For example: You can type "System Administrator" and this is consider "Customer Account". If you leave it blank and straight away choosing the "Find/Scan Item", it will defaulted to the "CASH SALE" account.

2) If so, can you see the customer's account balance in OSPOS when creating a sale, and can it block a sale to a customer over their credit limit or credit terms?

Ok, this feature doesn't not yet implement in OSPOS and you currently cannot detect the customer account balance when creating the sale in OSPOS. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

3) If not, is it feasible to change OSPOS to take into account the need to charge some sales to an account?
    If you make any changes to the sales before the data sync into FA. Your sales is still valid. Otherwise, once the data sync into FA. You can't amend it as this is not allow in FA (Sales Invoices are not visible to change in FA)

4) We are not worried about payment allocation because we can do this directly in FA, but we definately need to take cash from some customers and charge the account of others.
    I am not very sure about this feature. Someone who are familiar with this please help to answer it. Thanks You.

NOTES: This is the OSPOS Data Sync Version 1.0 that we implemented to connected with FA. We will enhance it to support more features in future. If you have any suggestion, you are please to let me know and I will try to incorporate into new Version.

Cheers,

tclim

The problem with OSPOS is that it is web server based, you must bundle it with a server to run on your local workstation.  This can be a problem for a sales clerk when things quit working.  I have always been in favor of running a bit of java code for the POS on the local, and syn to FA on hosted.  Most java can run without an install, just move, backup a folder and run.

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

12 (edited by QBCPAT 02/09/2015 03:02:33 pm)

I see that some of these messages are outdated, has this product been released(the integration between FA and PHP POS) and if so, how do we purchase it?  I've tried contacting AntERP and havn't heard back from them, are they still around?  I went to their website to see if the integration product was listed and couldn't find it??

Thanks  Pat

tclim wrote:
FrontAccounting Point Of Sale Integration Suites

FrontAccounting is a great piece of software with robust back-end accounting software that support multi-currency, multi-location, stock mangement and is a lightweight ERP package. However, there are no Point Of Sale support for Retail Store.

We received quite a numbers of request from our customers mainly who are using FrontAccounting as their Accounting Software. We hereby take a step forward to developed this missing piece of code that integrated FrontAccounting with PHP POS.

The Concepts:

FrontAccounting will be the Main Office (HQ) for your company. You manage all your customers, suppliers, inventory control like item pricing, quantity, reorder level for all branches in FA. The POS Terminal will automatically populate the data into each branch respectively depending on POS Locations.

The customers and suppliers data will be share among each branches. The inventory data will be populated depending on POS Locations. This is because the customers can buy any items from different POS locations and able to use the GiftCard to redeem the goods.

For each branch, you have to setup GL Account, Bank Account, Point Of Sales, Inventory Locations and assigned your staff to each POS. These is because we need to have clear bookkeeping data for each branch.

When the customer buy item from any POS location, the sales orders will be automatically sync back to Main Office (HQ). FA will automatically create Customer, Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Delivery Order and Customer Payment depending on your setting in Payment Terms.

Note: CASH payment will create Customer Payment directly.

Online and Off-line Terminal

Our solutions support online and offline sync. The reason is if your internet line have been cut-off (downtime), your POS Terminal WILL NOT BE AFFECTED and will be operate as usual WITHOUT ANY INTERRUPTION. When your internet line resume back to normal, the data will be sync back to HQ to consolidate the Inventory, Sales Order, Customers, GiftCard and so on.

The Solutions:

Open Source POS is another great piece of software that support basic functionality of POS system but is sufficient to be use by most retail businesses. Before we use the Integration Suites, we need to setup the parameters correctly.

FrontAccounting POS configuration:

1) Setting up Inventory Locations
    - KL – Kuala Lumpur
    - PJ – Petaling Jaya

2) Setting up GL Accounts for each POS Retail Store
    - KL GL Account
    - PJ GL Account

3) Setting up Bank Accounts for each POS Retail Store
    - KL Cash Account
    - PJ Cash Account

4) Setting up Point Of Sales for each POS locations
    - POS – Kuala Lumpur
    - POS – Petaling Jaya

5) User Account Setup for each User POS. Assign Each Users to different POS location
     demo1 – Kuala Lumpur
     demo2 – Petaling Jaya

6) Payment Terms need to setup for POS at least for the Description below:
    Type: Cash, Description: Cash Only

Note: Split Payments mean the customers can partially paid by Cash and Credit Card or any combination.

7) Setting up POS Inventory Management – inventory control will be manage by FA
    - Create UOM, Categories and also create a new items
    - Set the seling pricing, re-order level for each items

8) Purchase Order Management
    - Create a new Suppliers and Contact information
    - Enter a new Purchase Order for all items until you received the items
    - Alternatively, you can make an Inventory Adjustment for each items

9) Create a universal customer called "CASH SALE", make sure the Customer Contact, Branch, Branch Contact are properly setting up. Alternatively, you should create it using PHP POS which will be automatically sync the "CASH SALE" into FA.

Below are some of the features supported by PHP POS

- Customers, Suppliers, Items, Item Kit, Employee, Gift Cards Management
   - Sales Register – to handle sale and return items
   - Generate barcodes item for each products with label
   - Scan barcodes item into sale
   - Store Configuration
   - Summary Report
   - and so on

<b>Below are the features supported by FA POS Data Sync Suites</b>

Features     Sync Direction     Remark
Customer Contact     2-way sync     Create in FA / POSFA need to change at Contact Level
Supplier Contact     2-way sync     Create in FA / POSFA need to change at Contact Level
Category     1-way sync             Create in FA
Items     2-way sync             Create in FA / POS
Items Units     1-way sync     Create in POS
Item Locations     1-way sync     Create in POS
GiftCards     1-way sync             Create in POS
Payment Terms     1-way sync     Create in FA
                                                Type: Cash, Description: Cash
Sales Invoice     1-way sync     Create Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Delivery Order and Customers Payment
Sales Return     1-way sync     Create Customer Credit Notes on Return item

FrontAccounting Point Of Sales Demo Site:

FrontAccounting POS: http://www.cartbooks.com/fapos

PHP POS Terminal 1: http://www.cartbooks.com/pos1

PHP POS Terminal 2: http://www.cartbooks.com/pos2
Username: demo2

If you have any inquiry about the integration suites, kindly contact me to clarify. Thanks You.

Cheers,

tclim

Dear tclim please tell me from where I can obtain  integration suites.

I am still looking for a Point of Sale solution.  Can we use already what has been done and apply it to: https://github.com/jekkos/opensourcepos

Please let me know?

Thanks

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

i need links download file POS and explain config to FA

Thanks

i need files download and explain again plz
Thanks

Currently there is no direct integration of FA with any external POS within FA. You will need third party integration code or import / export transactions between the two. FA has import/export items and import transactions as official extensions.

Cant we use the current system to build another screen dedicated for POS entry? There will be no need for a connector then and everything will move according to the FA's current architecture

The addition af a nice POS into FA would make it very usable for the retail segment. Nevertheless, there are many dedicated POS systems with great advancements in it's development that to replicate the effort here would dilute the offering as voluntary maintainers with core skills and interests are hard to find and would be spread thin for it to be sustainable. Hence the need to natively integrate with an FA connector to popular Open Source POS applications.

A rudimentary POS in FA is the Direct Invoice entry screen. With a proper native FA RestAPI in place, integration with any POS by building a connector would become relatively easy.

This is a topic that keeps popping up. Has any progress been made? what happened to @tclim?

No progress at all?

Wynand

I am trying to make POS for FA. You can check here

Kvcodes POS  and I am trying to make fully working one. Almost ready and I am welcoming feedbacks.
Username : demo
Password : 123456

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha: good show. Try to make for paying up balances using a link on the POS listing.
Also can convert woff2 files to ttf if needed and make it locally available using:
https://everythingfonts.com/woff2-to-ttf

Thank you @apmuthu. The balance can be listed in another page with listing of sales and filter it to see the reports. Will make font changes as well.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes