Topic: Erro on installing frontaccount-2.0.3

Hello

I am sure that this is a minor error that's stopping me installing the program but I can't work it out - I am on XP Home & XAMPP. The error says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in G:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccount\config_db.php on line 1

Database name: frontaccount
Username: root
Password:
Company Name:Training Co.
Administrator account Username / Password: admin

Have not changed config_db.php:
<?php/*Connection Information for the database- $def_coy is the default company that is pre-selected on login- host is the computer ip address or name where the database is the default is localhost assuming that the web server is also the sql server- user is the user name under which the database should be accessed - need to change to the mysql (or other DB) user set up for purpose  NB it is not secure to use root as the user with no password - a user with appropriate privileges must be set up- password is the password the user of the database requires to be sent to authorise the above database user- DatabaseName is the name of the database as defined in the RDMS being used. Typically RDMS allow many databases to be maintained under the same server.  The scripts for MySQL provided use the name logicworks */$def_coy = 0;/*--- for advanced users, manually install, uncomment this, fill in the correct information and erase the rows below$tb_pref_counter = 1;$db_connections = array (    0 => array ('name' => 'Training Co.',        'host' => 'localhost',        'dbuser' => 'your_db_user_name',        'dbpassword' => 'your_db_password',        'dbname' => 'your_db_name',        'tbpref' => '0_')    );*/$tb_pref_counter = 0;$db_connections = array ();?>

I noticed that */$def_coy = 0;/*- cones out bold in AceHTML indicating perhaps that it is not being remarked out, could this be the problem?

Also how do I install the chart of accounts for Australia for a new company?

Thank you for your help to a new and keen user raring to get going.

Re: Erro on installing frontaccount-2.0.3

Update..

I removed the remarks and the installation has gone through OK. Would appreciate some instructions still though on installing the Oz chart of accounts - Thanks - jean

I haven't heard of this installation problem before, but glad that you solved it.
Regarding a new company with the Australian chart of accounts is quite simple. I guess you already have downloaded the chart of accounts to your local harddisk.
Start by creating a new company in the company setup tab, lower right. You must have admin access to do this. Fill in the forms and select the Australian chart of account (unpacked sql file) for upload to your server. Use the recommended table prefix, it is much easier. You can use the same database for several companies this way. Fire the install. After the install, logout and login again on your new company (it is available in the list when logging in).
I hope this goes well for you.

/Joe

Thank you Joe for your prompt reply - new company set up with Australian chart of accounts without any problems.

One little note though, when the new company was created the Administrator's priviledge lacked the ability to view Create/Update Companies. Could not work it out - using phpMyAdmin opened Table: 1_users and changed full_access from 2 to 1 for Administrator and it then corrected the access.

Can I ask you another question? I have searched the forum without success.

Our financial year in Australia is from July 1 to 30 June and the system will not allow me to adjust it in Setup > Fiscal Years saying:

The marked fiscal year is the current fiscal year which cannot be deleted.

How do I get around this?

Thank you

Jean

Yes, we have put in a lot of safety here. There is, however, an easy solution to this. The fiscal years are only helpers for taking care of the various reports and entries.
You can change this first year in phpMyAdmin to suit your needs. Remember to use the YYYY-MM-DD when correcting it.
If you have entries after the first year end, then you can create this year in FA afterwards.

Happy accounting.
BTW, there is also a fake for this in FA. If you create the next year in FA (can be non calendar year and the year can be shorter or longer than 12 months) and go to company setup and set this new year as current year, then you can delete the original year and create it again with correct values. Just take care that there are no overlaps. And that there are fiscal years for all your transactions. Finally you can set the current fiscal year again in company setup.
To prevent entries in old years you can mark them as closed.

/Joe

Many thanks Joe

I chose the second option as I have to start entering data for year ending 2008 - have marked year ending 2009 as closed so that I don't confuse myself.

Joe I am still experiencing problems with page access for the new company. I have only one user setup and that is Administrator - (Access Level - System Administrator) but the system will not give me access to the Create/Update Companies, Install/Update Languages, Install/Update Modules pages under Setup > Maintenance.

PhpMyAdmin tells me that the full_access is set at 2 in Table: 1_users for Administrator.  0 Access Level is for  Inquiries - 1 for Accountant and 2 for System Administrator, right? Any idea why this could be occurring and how to fix it?

One other question please - where do you change entries for the Item Type drop down box in the Items page (it has Manufactured, Purchased, Service) - my products are Internet directory listings and don't really come under any of those categories.

Can I thank you for your prompt and very helpful assistance once again and for an excellent product? Can't wait to get into it, hopefully I won't need to disturb you again.

Kind regards

Jean

Hello,
The Administrator for the first created company (company 0) is Supreme Administrator. Only he can create new companies. So you will have to log in to this company to create new companies. If you by accident don't have a company 0, then you can reduce the pag_security level on the page /admin/create_coy.php to 15. This is not recommended, but it is a way to go further if there have been troubles during setup of the system.
Regarding Item Types. This is merely a definition of how FrontAccounting handles the internals of the item. It is not a category (there is a special menu for this). The item type indicates if the item is self produced (manufactured), bought from a supplier (Purchased) or a Service (no stock). So these types are hard wired into FA. You should be able to put the item into one of these types. Then you can use category to further index your items.

Best regards and thank you for your nice words smile

/Joe

Hello Jean,

The feature is not well documented I'm afraid, but the 3 mentioned pages are available only for admin of first registered company. You can consider him as superadmin. To have access to those pages please login as admin of the first company on the login page. The constraint is made due to security risk related to some operations (especially installing additional modules).

Item types are hard coded in FA source. For your product the best choice is type Service which simply mean that there is no inventory processing done for it. If you want to classify the product in some functional way you can use Item Category property.

Janusz

Thanks Joe and Janusz for your advice.

Jean

Hi Guys

I am Trying to Change an Item Type from " Manufactured " to " Service " for a Service Item that I Created as I made a Mistake by Creating the Item without choosing " Service "

How do I do this ?

If you haven't used it yet, you can just delete the item and create it again, but now with service instead of manufacturing.

/Joe

Thanks for the info Joe

Problem is that it has been Used Once

Now what?

If you have created a bill of material for the manufacture and done any assembling, you must disassemble the manufacture. Remove the items from the bill of material.
Now you can use a utility program, phpMyAdmin, for accessing the database. Go into the table 0_stock_master (table-prefix 0_ used for the client). Look up you article and replace the mb_flag M with a D and save.
It is now a service item.
But it is important to follow the first sequences, if you have created bill of material and assembling. If not you can go direct into phpMyAdmin and do the replacement.

/Joe