Re: Dutch translation of 2.3 RC3

While testing and testing I have now found out that the cause of left over session files are the new class SessionManager in /includes/session.inc.
While running the member function regenerateSession the error occurs. I am not sure if we really need to do a regeneration of the session. By excluding the call to this routine in line 43 with a // the session files left are deleted or zeroed.

Maybe some session experts out there could help here.

/Joe

I am sorry to tell, that I had to delete the former post. It was dangerous to alter the class SessionManager.
Therefore we have converted the translated text into a global variable instead for a session. This result in much smaller left over files that is taken by the carbage collector.
The reason for the left over session files is that we for security reasons have to regenerate session id's.
The changes will go to next minor release and the HG repository will be updated soon.

/Joe

Hi there,

My personal life is like a typhoon right now. As soon as the sun is shining again, I'll give it a go  and let you know.
Thanks in advance & keep up the good work.

Translation error:
(since this is about the dutch translation, i'll state it in dutch)

Customer branches --> vestigingen

Een klant heeft 1 of meer vestigingen; een branche is in het Nederlands een verzameling van gelijksoortige bedrijven.

so ..... back again ..... updated to version 2.3.10, the problem seems to be solved.

Tnx for everything and keep up the good work !!

31 (edited by erwindebruin 08/18/2012 03:55:26 pm)

Currently busy changing the dutch language file 2.3.9 for 2.3.11 including correcting previous remarks as given in this topic. I am still not sure what to do with the translation of the word/menus "Branche".

Is Branche an collection of companies with the same kind of type/activities etcetera (as Rondewit said) or is it an division or separate store of a bigger company? In the last situation by example Microsoft (the client) has an division for developing windows (the branche) and a division for developing ms office (other branche). Or a shoe company (the client) own three different stores (the branches).

I think a branche is the last option, so it needs to be translated to "vestiging" in Dutch. Or has anybody another idea?

A branch is not an independent legal entity. It is more like a division. You could probably use this term instead, or maybe you find a better term.

Joe

Hi,

I am a newby here. I am testing FA on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS AMD hardware 64 bit, but after installation I wanted to change language settings. Which I didn't manage in the first place. It appeared to me later on after trying to switch to Dutch, which I installed using the extension utility, it did not work.
The language file is iso_8XXX, which is not on my system. I tried to install iso_8XXX, but that din't work out either.

Then I tried to add the langauge myself using the dutch iso. That did not work either. On WINDOWS, using xampp, it's a peace of cake! I hate that. So, what to do next? Google is my friend and I found out I needed tools to transform the iso into utf-8.

After installing potools and poedit I managed to transform the iso into utf-8 which I want to share with u all. How can I give it back to the community, so anyone who uses utf-8 based systems can easely use it?

I have to add that the utf-8 conversion is based on the good work of Erwin de Bruin.

Chipmunk wrote:

I have to add that the utf-8 conversion is based on the good work of Erwin de Bruin.

thanx for the credits, but I am not the only translator of the Dutch translation file. I'm only the last translator who tried to update the translation file to an

I just have send an update Dutch translation file to the frontaccounting contributions e-mail. In this version (2.3.11) some mistakes are corrected and especially the translation of the user security roles page is now almost in line with the related translations in FA.

As soon as it is downloadable from the repository, please feel free to report any mistakes or ideas to make it a better translation!