Topic: Reports... none showing

Being new at this maybe I'm just not too bright.. but I cannot find a report anywhere. Must I add them? if so how? or are they there and I cannot find them.

Regards

J

Re: Reports... none showing

In every tab there is a menu item regarding Reports. In the right pane about the middle. If you press this you come to the report center for this category.

/Joe

I see that link and follow it but it shows no Reports it always the Back link.

J

Strange. The reports are not available without javascript, but if your browser does not support it (or you have js switched off) appropriate message should be displayed.
Janusz

It seems this issue is caused by the new Acrobat 8. I get back page too after upgrading the Acrobat reader to version 8 recently.

If you can see reports menu but nothing happens after press on Display:xxx button seems you have something wrong with pdf viewer plugin. Maybe new Acrobat needs some installation process in your browser settings.
Janusz

Interestingly, after testing the print function in different area. I find that I can print out sales order thought it takes a bit longer time than before. However, only blank page is shown after press on Display:xxx button. Any idea?
Is it due to corrupted data or the pdf driver?
Baffin

What FA version do you test ? If you are testing unstable CVS source there was intensive changes in report module in last days. Nevertheless 2.0.x release should work properly. If you use 2.0.x seems you have something broken with acrobat/browser settings. Maybe browser cannot find acrobat executable or so.

I have udpated to 2.0.3 recently but the problem still persist. I've found this issue is caused by the encoding setting under the language set up. It works if the encoding is ISO, but turns to blank page it is set to UTF-8. But, I can still print out sales order whether the encoding is set to UTF-8 or ISO.

The reason can be too low memory constraint set in php_ini. Printing in utf-8 is very memory consuming. Try set $go_debug=1 in config.php to  have more info on it.]
Janusz

With go_debug=1, I got the following error message:-
Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /public_html/frontacc/reporting/includes/tcpdf.php on line 4663

However, the error persists even thought I changed to memory_limit = 128M in php.ini

Baffin

Maybe the limit is set also somewhere else. Anyway changing this php setting is the cure as for now.
In unstable CVS branch reporting module has been slightly rewritten, so for future FA 2.1 version this error should not appear at all.

Janusz

You are correct! Thanks for your advise on the memory constraint, the reporting function works beautifully after changing the line 61 in class.pdf.inc to:
if ($uni) ini_set("memory_limit", "48M");

Baffin