Topic: Asset Register

I am working on an Asset Register module

You can download the beta version on http://www.dennis.me.ke/press/?page_id=14

I would like to also use JQuery for the lists - has anyone added JQury on the system?

Re: Asset Register

Wow! Looks promissing smile.
I have tried to install your module, without success so far, due to MySQL compatibility problems. Nevermind. If you would like to make your work available via central FrontAccounitng modules repository, there will be also some other fixes necessary. I will send you a patch with most important fixes.

Anyway thank you very much for your contribution to FA community smile.

Janusz

I am finalising it and working on posting the Depreciation, Asset Re-Valuation and Asset Disposal to the GL as an automated Journal Entry. I am also working on some assets reports. Once done I will forward you to module for you to standardise and have it available on the modules repository. I am using a bit of MySQL functions and triggers so the module will only work for version 5.0 of MySQL.

Ok, thank you. Current FrontAccounting version requires MySQL>=4.1, but this is not big deal - extension modules can have additional requirements.

Thank you in advance.
Janusz

I downloaded the latest FA 2.3.3 in a test environment.

I saw this asset register module, but could not get it to work, it says I am missing some tables.
Can I know what tables are these so I may even add them manually if needed?

I'd really like this module to be operative.
Thanks.

To make the tables be created by the system, got to Active/Install Extensions then selected on the drop down activated for {company}.
Then make the module inactive then active again.

If you want to look at the SQL you can go to modules/asset_register/sql/updatesql

Thanks Dennis - It worked.

Hi Dennis,

Thank for your usefull Asset Register Modules.

But i think I have problem here, There are no assets list appear in amortisasion posting page.

Do you have any idea for what should I do?

You have to amortise an asset first, if any amortisation schedule for an asset lies in the given year it will appear in the amortisation posting list.

Hi,

I try to install Asset Register but I found the problem. The sql error show bellow:
DATABASE ERROR : could not get all asset types
error code : 1146
error message : Table 'ptsk.0_asset_types' doesn't exist
sql that failed was : SELECT * FROM 0_asset_types WHERE !inactive

How I fix this error?

Thanks

omeng, I guess you have to import an SQL script that is maybe in the module Asset Register folder. Please look here and import the script file to your FA database.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Actually I don't understand with your suggest. but last night I try to inactive and active  asset register in FA in Install / activate extensions > Extensions > activated for

Hi

I am getting also SQL errors:
From Assets Entries:
DATABASE ERROR : could not get all assets
error code : 1305
error message : FUNCTION portal_raamat.0_get_asset_value does not exist
sql that failed was : SELECT *, 0_get_asset_value(a.asset_id, YEAR(now())) as current_value FROM 0_asset_types at INNER JOIN 0_assets a ON at.asset_type_id = a.asset_type_id WHERE !a.inactive

And from Amortisation Posting:
DATABASE ERROR : could not get year assets
error message : FUNCTION portal_raamat.0_get_asset_value does not exist
sql that failed was : SELECT *, 0_get_asset_value(a.asset_id, YEAR(now())) as current_value FROM 0_asset_types at INNER JOIN 0_assets a ON at.asset_type_id = a.asset_type_id WHERE (a.inactive = 1) AND (YEAR(a.disposal_date) = 2012)

I run the update.sql (what I found Asset Register module) even directly in database, but still - the same errors and 0_get_asset_value its not greated.

When I am cheking what files we can download directly from FA installation and from module author website - then functions.sql file is missing in FA installation.
But when I want to execute this SQL command, then I am getting fallowing error:
SQL query:

delimiter;

DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS ins_asset_valuations;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1227 - Access denied; you need the SUPER privilege for this operation

Please be patient. Regarding modules/extensions we have to wait for the authors comments.

/Joe

But is there some plans to add asset register to core FA?

For now this a an extension. So let us handle it as a such. We have plans to implement in core in the future, but not in release 2.4.

/Joe

I have tried the asset module also.  It installs OK and reportedly it is installed and active.  But when I try to register an asset type, I get the following error:
DATABASE ERROR : could not get all asset types
error message : Table 'WyM.0_asset_types' doesn't exist
sql that failed was : SELECT * FROM 0_asset_types WHERE !inactive
Looks as if I should create a new table manually in Mysql.  Would that solve it?

This might be through ignorance.  I have just installed the Asset Register and I have three new menu options:

Items and Inventory - Asset Type Entries & Asset Entries
Banking and General Ledger - Amortisation Posting

All are greyed out.  I could not find any description of how to use it.  Is there any intro to the module?

You shouldd go into access setup in setup tab. And then give access to the role.

Joe

Thanks, so simple when you know how.
Regards
Mike

Well, I had already set the access.  But I still get the error message: DATABASE ERROR :
At file /var/www/frontaccounting/modules/asset_register/includes/db/assets_db.inc:30:
could not get all assets
error message : Table 'WyM.0_asset_types' doesn't exist
sql that failed was : SELECT *, 0_get_asset_value(a.asset_id, YEAR(now())) as current_value FROM 0_asset_types at INNER JOIN 0_assets a ON at.asset_type_id = a.asset_type_id WHERE !a.inactive
To manually create the asset table in MySQL I would need to know the structure.

I have just installed this module and tried to amortise an asset and got the error:
DATABASE ERROR : could not add asset valuation
error message : FUNCTION surreyhills.get_asset_value does not exist
sql that failed was : INSERT INTO 0_asset_valuations (asset_id, valuation_year, asset_value) VALUES ('1','2013','289.92')

Looking at the error and the install SQL there seems to be an error in the SQL.  When it creates the trigger it uses get_asset_value rather than 0_get_asset_value which is the routine defined.

I will correct the SQL and start again to see if this works.

@thorbjornw
Probably the database user defined for your installation does not have enough rights to properly install the module. This is the only extension module which requires extended access rights on mysql database. You must have TRIGGER rights granted to properly install the module. Check the dbuser rights, then uninstall and install the module again.
@surreyhills
Yes, you are right. There was a bug in install sql script which could fire this error. This has been fixed in new package version already available in repo. I guess you will have to uninstall/install module if you have not fixed the issue manually yet.
Janusz

OK.  I shall try to create the trigger and report back.