Topic: simple_crud_class

Hi.

Is there any way You can suggest in order to modify at least the simple_crud_class behaviour,
so I can set the delete button of the record list view to request a confirmation
before submitting delete command ?

I think this topic is very important, and has been requested as feature in the forum.

Is'nt clear to me why this require a big amount of work and why in all application the
same problem is present for every delete button command.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Re: simple_crud_class

I would like to suggest the following patch that address the problem to have
confirmation on several CRUD tables of Delete operation, saving perhaps
some troubles.

pls edit the file : frontaccountig\js\insert.js and make the following patch :

'button.ajaxsubmit,input.ajaxsubmit,input.editbutton,button.editbutton,button.navibutton':
    function(e) {
            e.onclick = function() {
            if (e.value == 'Delete' || e.title == 'Delete') {
                var ans = confirm(

We are discussing this. Janusz will be back.

/Joe

Well, there are some places where confirmation is good idea, but it make no sense to include it everywhere. I  believe application
should make user's life easier, so asking for confirmation where there is small risk for any damage is just waste of user's time. We have added confirmation dialog iin places where using delete action can complicate user's life, and when the action can be harmful additional constraints does not allow for this. But if you want to add confirmation dialog in any customized page, you can do it easily using submit_js_confirm() helper.

Have you found any place in standard FA where additional confirmation should be added?

Janusz

Tks for Yr answer.
I respect Your opinion , but I disagree with it.
I was specially struggled on all CRUD tables and that was the reason of my patch.
I know and I appreciated the submit_js_confirm where it is already used.
I went on this discussion because I was evaluated if FA (I like its appeal) could be useful
as a starting base for some more functionality.
Best regards.

Ok, everybody can have its own opinion in this matter. If you want to implement javascript dialog as an simple_crud_class class option which can be activated (when needed) on object creation - you are welcome. We can add this to the next FA version.
Janusz