Topic: Only English language

I have installed the 2.3.11 version and installed the Danish language.
I have set Danish to the default language in Setup.
I have set Danish to language in the Preferences.
Still no Danish.
Can someone explain why?
Is there something else that needs to be done?

Re: Only English language

Please run a System Diagnostic from the Setup tab and see if it reports problems.

Also look in the error.log located in the /tmp folder.

Joe

None of them show any problems.

How does actually the translation take place?
The texts in the php files are hard coded in English. There are no constants with the defined text. Like define('ACCOUNT', 'Account');

No, Gettext is used. Strange. Something in your environment is wrong.

Which OS and what server are you using?

Joe

w7 and xampp 1.7.3

If I try to add a language manually I get the following errors:

unlink(../lang/no_NO/LC_MESSAGES/no_NO.po) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\admin\inst_lang.php at line 174
C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\admin\inst_lang.php:174:    unlink('../lang/no_NO/LC_MESSAGES/no_NO.po')
C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\admin\inst_lang.php:267:    handle_submit('-1')
unlink(../lang/no_NO/LC_MESSAGES/no_NO.mo) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in file: C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\admin\inst_lang.php at line 182
C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\admin\inst_lang.php:182:    unlink('../lang/no_NO/LC_MESSAGES/no_NO.mo')
C:\xampp\htdocs\frontaccounting\admin\inst_lang.php:267:    handle_submit('-1')

Firstly danish locale code is  da_DK, and not no_NO, so the language files should be named respectively.
Application cannot install the language files bacause apache have no permittions to delete already existing  *.po/*.mo files. Just delete them manually before you install new version again via 'Install/Update Languages' option.
Janusz

Since the Danish did not work, I tried to make a Norwegian translation file, and since there is no Norwegian on the net, I had to install it manually. The Norwegian is in the directory no_NO and the Danish in da_DK. Nothing is working. I tried to install some other languages as well, but nothing works.
Is there something I miss out?
I download the language via "Install/Update Languages" and set the new language to be the default. Then I go to Preferences and set the language I want and press Update. But nothing gets translated.

Haakon0603

I am not quite sure what you mean when you say you go to "Preferences".
You need to go to User Accounts Setup on the setup page, select the pecil to edit your user and then select your desired language.
After you press update log out and log back in to the system.

I am currently working on a Norwegian translation. It will be uploaded when I am done, but If you or anyone else would like to look at it, and hopefully give me some feedback on errors and inconsistencies, send me a note and I will e-mail you the files.

Anders
Preferences is the same as Display setup.
If you email me your language files, I will take a look. I use Poedit.
Is your translation working? And which system and server do you use?

11 (edited by anders 06/03/2012 04:25:20 pm)

Haakon0603

As I said in my post, you need to go to "User Accounts Setup" and change your settings from there.

I am working in Windows using a nice little distribuation called server2go.

If you want to try it out you can download it from from http://www.server2go-web.de/. You just need to do some minor changes in the pms_config.ini-file and the php.ini-file found in /server2go/server/config_tpl/ to make it work with FrontAccounting.

It seems that I can not send you the files through the forum, but you should be able to download them here:

http://www.dcon.no/frontaccounting/no_NO.zip

If not, send an e-mail to: 'anders at dcon.no'

hi
Thats what I do. But still no different language.
What changes do you need to make in the ini files?
Maybe I need to make the same changes in the xampp ini files?
The no_NO download was ok.

I had the xampp 1.7.3 initially and after upgrading to xampp 1.8.0 the problem was solved. Maybe something wrong with the PHP part of xampp 1.7.3.