Topic: Refund to customer

A customer was invoiced $150, he made a bank payment of $250. He sent us an email that he will be purchasing $100 of goods in the next month and that is why he paid $250. The $250 was entered as a customer payment and $150 allotted against the $150 invoice, leaving the customer with $100. A few day later the customer requests a refund of the $100. How do we treat this?

Re: Refund to customer

That's a good question,  I was thinking initially about doing a Credit Note, but that doesn't work.
I would say make a negative payment, but I'm pretty sure FA wouldn't allow it ...

You use the bank payment and select customers and the customer. Enter the amount on the transaction row and save.

Now look up your customer payment and allocate the bank payment. You do that in allocation of customer payments.

Now everything is settled.

Joe

4 (edited by Nanayaw 07/02/2012 03:41:45 pm)

Thanks Joe for the responds, I tried you suggestion but I had this error: "The total bank amount exceeds allowed limit (81.8500)." How do I increase the limit or remove it completely?

I found the problem - I had set up a customer credit limit under Set up - Company Setup -  System and General GL Setup