1 (edited by uma 12/26/2011 07:21:34 pm)

Topic: how to use tag properly on dimension and account

i wanna to extend functionality of tags and using them in current report. looked on table tag_association i found that may be problems follow from the same name in record_id field. if i will have the same name of dimension and account and link tags, that i never know what record in tag_association correspondent to account or dimension and will be having a mass of wrong info. that is right? should i add a new type of record (dim/acc) in table. it is very easy, but i prefer to ask. also i didn't understand what is a functionality with memo (Dimension Entry). some data put into table 0_comment but what is that. i can't make a sense of this operation. please help me. also i hardly agree with previous topic, that dimension have to be choosing previously on sale quota form. it allow to work more flexible. example: customer is serving by two dep's (sales and after sales service) i must to know on first step who is initiator of deal. who is responsible! all managers is on field. how the desk manager from maintain and support guess what dep's have to be on invoice. just way to do a few direct calls sales guy and ask theirs. it is an normal. all loss a time! BR. Happy MC.

Re: how to use tag properly on dimension and account

Please look in the Wiki, https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki , for how to use the tags.

/Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for answer, but i didn't find anything. Usually i use google search to find any notes before ask guru directly. May be you post a link to topic. BR.

I am sorry, I thought there was something about it here.
Tags has the function of filtering the reports further. If you select a report where dimensions are selectable, you could also have a tag filter on these. When you create a dimension tag, you can have multiple tags on a dimension.

Try and laborate yourself on a training co.

If you don't need to use this sophisticated tags you can just leave them be.

/Joe

Coming in late here...

I believe I've understood setting up dimensions and tags, and specifically the ability to combine tags and use them in multiple dimensions.  (I need this complexity for charity fund vs activity reporting.)  I do not see how tags are reported in any way and it doesn't seem to be documented.

Can someone point me to this or is it a case of adapting a query from somewhere?  Many thanks.

Peter

As pointed out before, try to laborate yourself. It is a further selection possible.

Joe

7 (edited by pgnj 06/13/2012 10:16:41 pm)

Thanks - I've set dimensions and tags up, input journals.  Half a day later, I can't see how you get the information back out.  A suggestion from someone who knows would be very helpful.

Peter

It seems that the dimension tags are only prepared for future use. Try to use the account tags in balance sheet and profit and loss statements.

hello, Well, i too, am now interested in Dimension tags to report on multiple dimensions. I am already using account tags and dimensions successfully. It would be nice to add dimension tag when reporting profit and loss. regards.