Topic: scale horizontally

Hello,

Has anyone tried to scale frontaccouting horizontally.

I can see that company/ directory has some state stored in it, which makes the webserver not completely stateless.

Are there any more known issues which prohibit scaling horizontally?

Thanks,
Nishant

Re: scale horizontally

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by horizontal scaling?
'company' folder is used for any company specific content like per company images or other file storage.

Janusz

Apologies, I meat to ask the pitfalls of adding more than 1 node to the frontaccounting installation.
e.g.:

web server 1
Load Balancer <----------->                       ]-------------> Database server
                                         web server 2

The clients connect to the load balancer and the http request lands on 1 of the web-servers.

Since company/ directory now contains the state, above design will not work unless say company/ directory lives on a NFS drive which is mounted on both web servers.

This would make webserver redundant and avoid service being down if 1 of them happen to say, reboot.

My question is are there any other known concerns regarding the deployment design above.

Thanks,
Nishant

FrontAccounting use standard php sessions based on session files. You will have to implement database based session handler, and save session data in mysql table..

Janusz