Topic: How to change filename of report ?

For some reason, I can't email statement to customers . So what I have to do, is save the pdf and email it to my customeres as an attachment. However, it's a bit hard because the name of the saved pdf is something like 134cdada333.pfd.
Is there anyway I can generate a nicer name (like 'statement-<customer>-<date>.pdf'.

If it 's possible, I can do it, just need to know where to do it ?

Many thanks

/Elax

Re: How to change filename of report ?

The contact email for statements is based on the customers contacts.

Can't you just save it as from the pdf viewer?

I can send the email but I don't know why, the PDF is not viewed by the client as an attachment but as an encoded email.

I can change the name when I'm saving the PDF but it will be easier if I didn't have to change the name and the 'proposed' name was correct.

/Elax

The scramled report names are for security reasons. Otherwise it is possible for other to read reports.

I'm not sure I need this security. Is that possible to disable it then (and where )?

About line 974 in /reporting/includes/pdf_report.inc.

Remove line 971, 973 and 974.

/Joe

Thanks. Just wondering, what is the security flaw if you don't scrambled the report name ?

/Elax

If the report names weren't scrambled, it would be easy for users with no access to see the reports by simply entering f.i. http://xxx.com/frontaccounting/company/0/pdf_reports/BalanceSheet.pdf.

Joe

I see, it 's "only" security between company users. I thought it would be against external user.
I have only 2 users so in my case that's not a problem

Many thanks

Everybody that knows your FA setup structure could also read the files.

/Joe

Even if they are not logged in ?

/Elax

Yes, this was the reason for scrambling. However if your FA structure is not known to anyone  outside, then it is not a big deal.

/Joe

I see.
Thank you very much for your explaination.

/Elax