Topic: slow

hi all i dont know if im doing something wrong but i find frontacc very very slow it takes about 3 min to open sales order to move from menu to menu
i am running opensuse 11

Re: slow

You have to have something bad configured on your system, no idea what.
How it works normally you can test on the demo server on antipodes at http://fa2.iron.from.pl (login demouser/password).
Maybe when you set $go_debug=1 in config.php you will find some meaningful messages.

Janusz

Please filter your reports if you have a huge amount of item /customer records.

/Joe

Thanks Joe..

How about page of Analysis and Report that is very slow in first loading, before user pick any report.
It seem the page is pre-loading all customer name and items for combo-boxes.
Could it be loaded only when required.
Thank you very much for help.

Please try the Search Items and Search Customer lists in Company setup. Read about how to use the search routines in the FAQ (on the main menu of the Website) and in these forums. Please make a search.

/Joe

Thank a lot for prompt response, Joe..

As far as I know, when we check/uncheck: Search Item List, Search Customer List, Search Supplier List
in Company Setup, it will only impact to forms of transactions, but not to Report Filters.
CMIIW.

The report menu (Report and Analysis page), we get 3 column : Report Class/Modules, Kind of Reports, and Form/Filters.
I meant, the form/filters are pre-loaded whereas containing all of customer names and item categories those are huge.
We might need to modify the UI/Javascript to anticipate long delay for loading.

The search customer list etc. in reports has been fixed during th releases. I can't recall when at present, but in 2.3.10 it is working.

/Joe

Thanks, Joe.. It works in 2.3.10 for customer. That's great.
Can you inform us what files need to update if we are using release 2.0.6 wink

Now we might need to consider whether or not it's possible to do the same thing for Invoice and Credit Notes those also appear (pre-loaded) in filters. smile

Again, thanks a lot, Joe..

/heru

No, there are too many files. Please upgrade.

Joe