Topic: Cancel confirmation

Hi Guys,

I have caught myself several times when editing an existing  PO, SO and other, and for whatever reason the you choose not to go ahead with the changes

one has the option to select  either "Commit order changes"  or "Cancel order".

Ones natural instinct is to cancel changes, except you end up cancelling that order completely..... and have to start again. 

Could you build in a warning system " are you sure that you want to DELETE this order " popup

Something to think about ......may be   

Regards

Attila Barath

Re: Cancel confirmation

Yes, good idea. Current solution is not safe.
Janusz

I also think that having the ability to Save/Close a PO and be able to come back to it and edit or add to it before processing it would be a big plus

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

This is somewhat another problem Alvin. I know we should have all the CRUD operations available on all documents, but to remove purchasing module constraints we have to do big code rewrite, so it can take some time. Be patient.
Janusz

5 (edited by Attila 05/07/2012 06:33:04 am)

Janusz,

A long time ago I suggested the following which kinda fell way.  Whats the chances to revisit  the idea

Hi Guys,

I have caught myself several times when editing an existing  PO, SO and other, and for whatever reason the you choose not to go ahead with the changes

one has the option to select  either "Commit order changes"  or "Cancel order".

Ones natural instinct is to cancel changes, except you end up cancelling/deleting  that order completely..... and have to start again. 

Could you build in a warning system " are you sure that you want to DELETE this order " popup

Something to think about ......may be   

Regards

Attila Barath

Couldn't we just change the expression, 'Cancel order' to 'Delete order'??

/Joe

7 (edited by Attila 05/07/2012 01:01:54 pm)

Its not the same thing is it Joe,   

we want something to prompt us to say "are you sure you want to delete......"  after hitting the canceling/deleting icon