Topic: Any work around to add a customer with a forward balance?

I have a customer with a forward balance from an old system that I want to add into FA. To find the customer's old invoices i'd just go back to the old system to look at it. But for future receivable payments i'll use FA to clear off the balance owing. Rather than having to manually input xxx amount of invoices for this customer, is there a way to do create just a forwarding balance and keeping the GL accounts currently exactly the way they are ?

A backdoor method perhaps?

Re: Any work around to add a customer with a forward balance?

I'm not sure if I understand your question in full. If you want to include the debt into FA, you could create a service item and invoice your customer with this service item and set the price to the amount. Of cource you will not send him this invoice. This is only for internal use. But this will include a GL posting.
I guess that you should not be able to include a debt into FA without GL postings.

/Joe

Re: Any work around to add a customer with a forward balance?

yah that's what I mean, tried doing just a service invoice but it's still posting to the GL postings when the invoice is created. The only account that I wouldn't mind affecting is the Accounts Receivables since if i'm bringing old accounts into the new system the account receivables will be added accordingly to the balances forwarded. But I don't want it to post to sales, tax, etc