Topic: Customer Payment Account

I've done a Direct Sales Invoice and I see that a customer payment has been applied against it automatically. Very good. However, when I look at the General Ledger Inquiry for that Customer Payment, it shows a blank line for the debit - no account number or name, just the amount debited. The credit line shows the Accounts Receivables account info. This doesn't seem correct.

On a somewhat related note, is there a way to "batch out" at the end of the day? So, for example, we make several cash sales in a day and these are put in a Cash on Hand account (what I expect should be in the blank line above?). At the end of the day we make one bank deposit, so this one amount is moved from Cash on Hand to Bank Account to line up with the deposit on the bank statement. Credit card sales are also all grouped together and deposited at once. Check sales are deposited with the cash. So, credit card and check sales would be held in some sort of Undeposited Funds account until the sums are moved at the end of the day. Is this setup possible?
Also, is there a report for a daily sales summary - i.e.  total sales, credits, tax collected, credit card and check listings, and amount available for deposit?

Thank you,
-Joshua

Re: Customer Payment Account

Regarding the missing GL Account, there seems to be a missing link from the bank account and the GL Account,
Please check your bank accounts and update them so you are sure there is a link.

Regarding the sales summary there is no such report. If you cannot use the existibg reports you will have to create a custom report. If you create one, please share it with us.

Joe

Thank you for your quick reply. And on a Saturday!

My bank accounts all have GL accounts listed on the Bank Accounts page. Where else should I look?

Okay on the report. I haven't looked at the reports much. I'll share it if I make one.

How about the rest? What is the end-of-the-day procedure in FA, regarding deposits and such?

Thanks again,
-Joshua

Regarding the missing GL account link, please look at the bank_account table with phpMyAdmin and see if a correct GL account exists. The COA might have set an invalid GL account from the beginning.

I have no specific end-of-day routine for your help. Maybe sombody in the audience can help.

Joe

Ah. I don't think the problem is with the bank accounts. I had used that as an example, but none of the item or customer sales accounts are currently linked to a bank account. I am using the GAAP US COA.

I've found it. My POS was linked to a non-existing bank account for default cash account.

So, a cash sale is the only kind that automatically generates a customer payment at the time of invoice, right? Is there an easy way to set up credit card and check sales to automatically generate a customer payment, but have these diverted to another holding bank account (ie Undeposited Funds)?

Thank you,
-Joshua

Thanks. You can setup the credit card as a bank account. Will that solve your problem? Or did I misunderstand you?

/Joe