1 (edited by prakashkdutta 03/15/2012 06:09:49 am)

Topic: Need to show gross value (i.e. net + VAT charged)

For some reason most of the reports being displayed under the Customers module are
showing all the amounts net, so i am not sure where the gross figure could be located
from.
When i click on the  "Customer Payments" option to pay an invoice, the amounts shown
are all net. This obviously is incorrect, since when the User receives payments from his
customers they will receive the gross value (i.e. net + VAT charged). If the amounts shown
are net, the system would not work when the User tries to allocate the receipts on the
system.

Please suggest

Re: Need to show gross value (i.e. net + VAT charged)

I guess you have setup your company and/or your customers/branches in a wrong way. FA does handle this correctly if the setup is correct. Please read about this in the Wiki, https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki .

/Joe

Thanks for your reply. But can you give some more light here ( little briefly please). Also if possible can you suggest me what i am doing wrong or refer me the link from where i will figure out myself as your wiki is too comprehensive.

You have improperly set tax system, so no tax rate is applicable both to goods and customers. There is a couple of threads describing how to set tax system up for typical tax models, so please dig the forum up.

Janusz